Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Controlling Location and Size of Child Window , where a window opens » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2616

Tom Simonick

Posted: 05/25/2014 02:44:44

Hello,
Is there a setting that makes child windows open on the same monitor as the parent window? For example, if I have Outlook on monitor 2, when I open an email, the email opens on monitor 1. Secondly, any window on monitor 1 opens much larger than I want it to. Is there a way of controlling the size?
Thank you,
Tom

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 05/26/2014 14:36:25

Dear Tom,

thank you for your post.

There are several ways to make windows open on the same monitor as the parent window. You can set the Move to monitor option to "of parent window" in a Startup Property Sheet of Default Window Settings. This will affect all windows which aren't listed in Specific Settings and Exclusions. You can create a Specific Settings rule for specific windows and again, set the Move to monitor option to "of parent window" in a Startup Property Sheet of that Specific Settings rule.

There also are ways to control the size of a window either on its startup or after that. The Desktop Divider is one handy tool which combines intuitive sizing and positioning of your windows.

Please specify the Actual Tools product you are using as there are some specificities.

If you have questions, please let me know. I will be glad to help you!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register