Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mouse Cursor visible in Metro 2033 with "ignore deactivation" » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8731

Eric Eshleman

Posted: 10/06/2013 21:06:12

Metro 2033 is a bit of a dated game that I abandoned because it didn't support running windowed.  I recently revisited it with a little more expertise, and AMM at my side.  I can make it run in a window now, through hidden options that I've discovered buried in one of the .cfg files.  It still blacks out on switching.  So I used AMM to make it ignore deactivation - but now, the mouse cursor is visible at all times in the game screen, wobbling left and right I look left and right.  Extremely distracting.

Using this with the game in fullscreen mode just doesn't work.  This is an issue I've had with the few other games that I could not make run in windowed or  "Fullscreen windowed". (Also known as "borderless windowed", which when matched to our native resolution produces the same result.)  In the cases where AMM's feature of ignore deactivation becomes useful, I often still have the mouse cursor visible where I should have only an app cursor, or no cursor at all.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/08/2013 17:20:04

Good day Eric,

Could you please specify your version of Windows and of AMM.
Also specify please the name and the version of games you have encountered this issue.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Lurkily

Posted: 10/12/2013 10:44:28

Windows 7 running AMM 8.0.3.  

I did a little google research, but can't find a way to identify my version of Metro 2033.  All I found were references to Patch #1 and #2.  Both of these should be applied to my game automatically via steam, but I can't verify this.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/13/2013 17:15:44

Did you encounter this issue with Metro only or with any other games?

Lurkily

Posted: 10/17/2013 20:56:40

I have encountered it with other games in the past, typically more dated games, but this was also with older versions of AMM - I haven't had the need to use 'ignore deactivation' with other games lately.  

Many games these days have an internal method, usually through editing an .ini file, to enforce a 'fullscreen borderless window' mode.  That behavior eliminates, for me, any need for 'ignore deactivation'.

Unfortunately, it's far enough back that I can't say for sure what games were involved.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/24/2013 19:47:27

Hi again,

When the issue occurs does mouse not work at all or it is just not shown?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register