Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 8: Actual Window Manager & Classic Shell » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4153

Hugo Bold

Posted: 08/20/2013 15:15:00

Hi all,

I'm using three Monitors (2x 24" and 1x 30") and Windows 8 64bit.
I would like to install the Actual Window Manager.

Are there any known problems with combining Actual Multiple Monitors with Classic Shell (http://www.classicshell.net/) or Start8 (http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/)?

Is there anything I have to be aware of? Anything that doesn't work, which is known so far?

Thank you very much for your help,
Hugo

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/20/2013 19:44:06

Hugo,

Thank you for your interest to our software.

First of all, please specify which Actual Tools product you'd like to install though - Actual Window Manager or Actual Multiple Monitors? They are different products that can't be used together.

As for your subject question, we are trying to keep our software compatible with similar third party products so AFAIK there are no problems should appear. However, I'd recommend you to get advantage of the free fully functional evaluation period (60 days for AWM and 30 days for AMM) and check the compatibility on your own.

Hugo Bold

Posted: 08/26/2013 18:33:43

Hi Alex,

Okay thank you. I'm trying it out.
With Start8 it seems to work good so far.

Just one quick question: I find the little extra buttons in the windows right-up (next to minimize, etc.) pretty helpful. But there are some programs like Google Chrome Browser where they are laying over other important buttons (i.e. tabs in Chrome).
Can I sel ect programs to exclude them fr om the extra buttons?

Thanks,
Hugo

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/27/2013 10:47:17

Good day gentlemen,

Can I sel ect programs to exclude them fr om the extra buttons?
To do so,you need to go to Window Settings-Exclusions and create an Exclusion rule for Google Chrome or other programs that you need.
NOTE: Special Rules are applied BEFORE the Exclusion rules, so if you create an Exclusion rule for program that already have a Special Rule, Exclusion rule wouldn't be applied until Special rule is unchecked.You can follow link below to learn more.
http://actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/principlesofoperation/select.php

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Hugo Bold

Posted: 08/27/2013 20:15:28

Thank you! I just selected Google Chrome in "Specific Settings" and unselected all Window buttons. Works fine.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/28/2013 12:27:06

Always glad to help.
Have a nice day ;)

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register