Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM task bar does not scroll vertically » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2599

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/13/2013 20:00:55

If I do not have enough space on the Windows task bar, task bar icons are added to a second row to which I am able to scroll (see attachment). AWM's task bar does not have this behaviour it seems (tested on Vista and Windows 7). Because of this I regularly "lose" programs that are running. This, of course, occurs more frequently if I use a monitor with a lower horizontal resolution. Sometimes I am looking everywhere and only after some time do I realize the program is not displayed on AWM's task bar. I do not know whether I should set something or that this is just the way AWM behaves at the moment (tested in AWM 7.5.1. and 8.0 beta 3). If it is not something I can adjust in the settings then I would really like this to be added to AWM. IMO in that case it should be added, because not displaying a running program on the task bar is a really big omission.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/17/2013 10:55:18

Greetings Pim.
I just read your post and tried to make a simmilar taskbar scroller by opening many windows in one time.But I failed and they were just getting smaller in size.Could you please inform me how did you make another taskbar row?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/17/2013 20:34:11

Hello Alexander,

Welcome to the "family"! I made a 2 row taskbar by indeed opening many windows. At first the taskbar buttons will get smaller, but at a certain point a 2nd row is added. On Windows XP (just tested) and Windows Vista you should see a 2nd row using the standard settings of the Windows taskbar. On Windows 7 however you need to set the taskbar properties for the Taskbar buttons at "Never combine" to see a second row appear.

The screen shot above was taken of the 2nd row of the taskbar on my Vista Ultimate 32-bit machine.

Best regards.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/19/2013 16:42:45

Thanks,Pim.I like my new "family"=)
Sorry for the delay.I usually work with e-mai's, and almost forgot about you.
I just tried opening thousands of outlooks :D and see the issue.I am sure that we will fix or try to fix it before release.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/22/2013 15:25:36

Hello Gentlemen

Pim, we'll consider your request.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/22/2013 15:37:38

Hello Bogdan,

Should this not be treated as a bug instead of a request? AWM taskbar's behaviour deviates from normal (Windows') taskbar behaviour and because of that one can lose programs on the taskbar.

Thanks!
Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/22/2013 16:17:15

Actually, yes. It's more bug than a feature request. But it makes no big difference for us in this case.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register