Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Problem with auto-rollup and skype chat , New problem causes window to lose it's unrolled height » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2812

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/23/2013 04:48:45

I've been using auto-rollup with Skype Chat windows for years - so I can have a dozen open all stacked underneath each other, and have them unroll on focus to use them. This has been brilliant, but in the latest ver sion (at least 7.5.x, not exactly sure if 7.4.x suffered from this), the windows sometimes stop 'unrolling' - i.e. they end up with the same height setting for unrolled and rolled-up.

This process will trigger the problem for me:

1. Open a skype chat window
2. Click the taskbar icon 3 times (for some reason, this is the number needed to 'minimise' the chat window - the first 2 clicks just cause it to flicker focus)
3. Click it a fourth time to 'restore' it, and it comes back rolled up - with or without focus

I can drag the lower resize bar down to restore the height, but it will go wrong again using the procedure above. Using the minimise button on the window itself doesn't trigger this.

You can actually see what's happening in 'slow motion' by clicking and holding the taskbar button. On mouse down blurs the chat window (and so it rolls up), and the mouse up event actually minimises it to the taskbar. My guess is that the window size is being stored after the blur event, so it comes back with unrolled size == rolled-up size.

Thanks,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/25/2013 04:40:06

Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

What our product are you running?
What version of Skype are you running?
What OS are you running (version, 32 or 64-bit)?
Could you send me your configuration files (Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/25/2013 05:12:53

AWM 7.5.1
Skype 6.3.0.105
XP SP3 32-bit
Config files sent by email.

Thanks,

David.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/14/2013 18:03:47

Hello David

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

For now you can set the 1 sec delay before rolling up as workaround.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register