Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mouse-dragging/resizing not working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2397

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/26/2013 12:50:02

For some reason, I'm unable to mouse-drag and mouse-resize some windows (using the keyboard shortcut WinKey-CTRL).

I first noticed it with Notepad. But now I'm also noticing it with Task Manager and Firefox, too. The correlation seems to be any programs that are included in the "Specific Settings" section under "Window Settings".

I've tried to find some setting that would enable/disable mouse-drag/resize, but I can't find anything. Am I overlooking it somewhere?

Other mouse shortcuts still work on these windows, like CTRL-right-clicking on the title bar, which still closes all windows.

Here's the catch -- these two functions seem to randomly stop working from time to time. Usually I'm able to right-click AWM's tray icon, click "Stop", then click "Start", and that seems to restore the functionality, but sometimes I have to reboot the system entirely to get the functionality back. I thought maybe it was a Windows problem, like maybe the windows-key stopped working, but it always continues to work fine -- pressing the windows key alone brings up the Start Menu, and other windows-key shortcuts continue to work.

I'm going to install the latest AWM 7.5 today, so perhaps it's fixed in that version. If it's already been fixed, please disregard this!

Thanks.

Windows 7 x64
AWM 7.4.3

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/27/2013 00:24:15

Hello Steve

Do you mean when the "Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" stops working it stops for only windows which has the specific settings for them?

This feature is placed here in the configuration window: Mouse > Drag And Scroll > Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing.

Have the upgrading to the 7.5 version helped?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/27/2013 23:52:02

Yes, that's correct -- it only stops working for windows that have specific settings set.

I'll try upgrading now -- for upgrading, can we just install the update on top of the current install, or should we completely uninstall the old version first?

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/29/2013 05:09:41

No, you can install it over the version you already have.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register