Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Wrong icons on taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2930

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/17/2013 19:59:01

AWM is still showing the wrong icon for some windows. It seems to be having a problem with native Windows things, like the Device Manager.

To repeat this, I just opened up Device Manager from the Start Menu. On the taskbar, the icon for the open Device Manager is the Starcraft 2 icon. It's been like this for a couple months now. I believe there are other windows that also have this Starcraft 2 icon as their taskbar icon, but I can't remember which off the top of my head. I believe that it's usually some native Windows OS window (typically).

Not that big of a deal, just a heads up.

(I've tried clearing, refreshing, and rebuilding the Windows icon cache... to no avail. It must be how AWM is somehow storing the icon's association?)

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/18/2013 21:01:27

Hello Steve

What our program are you running (name, version)?

What OS are you running (version, 32 or 64-bit)?

Do you have Starcraft 2 installed now?

Does the wrong icon appear only on the AWM taskbar or you can see the same icon on the system taskbar?

Does the appearance of the wrong icon depend on whether Starcraft launched or not?

Could you install the latest beta version, make the wrong icon appear on the taskbar, then press Shift+right mouse click on the empty space of the AWM taskbar and select the Debug item. Then make a screenshot of the Debug window and also a screenshot of the whole desktop with the wrong icon's jumplist (simply right click) open. Send these screenshots to us.

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/18/2013 23:43:01

-AWM 7.4.3

-Windows 7 x64

-Starcraft 2 installed, but never running when this happens. I haven't played Starcraft 2 in a long while, either -- I have no idea how the icons would have gotten swapped.

-Only happens with AWM taskbar -- Windows taskbar has no problems with the icon.

-It doesn't depend on Starcraft being launched or not -- happens either way, over many weeks/months, with no change. I've just gotten used to it (it's not a big problem, I just thought I'd let you guys know).

Yes, I can do that. Will I have to uninstall the current version? And then have to reinstall it afterward?

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/19/2013 03:22:19

You don't even need to uninstall the current version, just install the beta, make the screenshots and install the current again.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register