Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Ignore deactivation - Windows 8 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4376

Eric Schefström

Posted: 12/23/2012 16:37:17

Hello!
I am having some trouble using the Ignore Deactivation function now when I've upgraded to Windows 8 x64.

I am using AMM 5.0 (also tried with 4.1 and 4.2).
I have tried running AMM and the fullscreen game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Windows XP SP 2 but no luck.
Also tried having the Ignore Deactivation hotkey in "Compatibility mode" (see attached image).

It worked previously when I was using Windows 7 x64 and AMM 4.2 (with the same fullscreen game)
Is the Ignore Deactivation function supposed to work in Windows 8 yet?

And if it matters, the AMM is full version.

Thanks in advance!  :D

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/27/2012 05:56:01

Hello Eric.

Do you mean the Ignore deactivation feature doesn't work with the same settings and version of Windows and AMM (Windows 7 x64 and AMM 4.2), with which it worked previously?

What is the game? Has it been changed somehow, maybe update?

Best regards.

Eric Schefström

Posted: 01/02/2013 11:10:16

Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.
The game is Atlantica Online.
I have tried running AMM 5.0 with the same setup and game on another computer with Windows 7 x64, and that works with the current upd ated game.

EDIT: I forgot to say I have tried running it with AMM 5.0 and AMM 4.2 on the Win7 setup.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2013 22:47:29

Hello Eric.

The fact is Windows 8 has many hotkeys, so there is a little mess with the hotkeys in the current version of AMM. Set the hotkey in such way, so that there were no "Already used by the system or other application" warnings (change or disable the corresponding hotkey). I've found that if there is this warning on the Configure hotkey, then Ignore Deactivation doesn't work.

This issue is already fixed, you'll be able to see the fix in the next version.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register