Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[AMM 5.0] Mouse pointer at windows 7 uac elevation request » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4147

Massimo Morselli

Posted: 12/22/2012 22:25:47

I'm using Win7 as Normal (no admin) User, every time I do operations they require admin privilegies, the elevation request window pop ups on monitor 1, but mouse pointer goes to monitor 2. Because I have set a very solid boundary for the mouse pointer, the only way to get it again on monitor 1 is via keyboard shortcut, but not everitime works, because shortcut works only if monitor 2 gets focus on something in it (click anywhere) and sometime when UAC windows appears it make impossible to click other than UAC popup, so I have to use windows keyboard shortcut to compile UAC request (password + ok ), and finally get my mouse pointer back via another keyboard shortcut

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/27/2012 05:10:10

Hello Massimo.

What version of Windows - 32- or 64-bit - are you running?

What do you mean "solid boundary for the mouse pointer"?

Are you running any third-party desktop management software?

Best regards.

Massimo Morselli

Posted: 12/27/2012 14:29:15

Hi Bogdan, I'm using 64 bit version of WIN7 Ultimate SP1. The only desktop management software I have is the GPU Drivers built-in, but I recently change my ATI GPU with an nVidia GPU and the problem still exists, so I think is not drivers related.

For "solid boundary" I mean that I've set "Tight monitor boundaries" on mouse setting to 60 secs. so I can move the mouse pointer between monitors only via "Move mouse to next monitor" Key combination (CTRL + right arrow in my case), because secondary monitor runs only app that I have not to interacts with.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/28/2012 02:07:37

Hello Massimo.

What settings has the [Control Panel > Change User Account Control Service] window?

Is your desktop always dimmed when you see the elevation request window?

sometime when UAC windows appears it make impossible to click other than UAC popup

Do you mean sometimes it's dimmed and sometimes it's not? Do you make the same actions in these cases?

Best regards.

Massimo Morselli

Posted: 12/28/2012 23:05:00

Hi Bogdan, UAC is set to maximum level (default): notify allways and allways diming. Disable dimming seems to fix the problem.

the behaviour is very strange, screen is allways dimmed, but sometime I can move mouse across the screen (boundary limit disapears), sometime I can move to primary monitor via shortcut, sometime I can't do nothing.

also seems that some operations puts mouse to secondary monitor, other don't. Running setup of some programs but not some other, executing as administrator some program (like notepad), but not other... if an action creates the problem, he always does.

BTW, thanks for the suggestion, I can live without the dimming as a workaround.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/10/2013 22:16:24

Hello Massimo.

Have you tried the latest 5.0.2 version of Actual Multiple Monitors?

If the problem still persists, please send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool.

And could you list some more programs which being run as administrator lead to replacing the mouse pointer to the other screen?

Best regards.

Massimo Morselli

Posted: 01/12/2013 21:36:54

Hi, 5.0.2 don't resolve the problem. Programs that lead to move pointer: wordpad.exe, notepad.exe, SoundRecorder.exe, charmap.exe, dfrgui.exe ...

The button "Send to Tech Support" seems to do nothing, and if I backup configuration I get this error "Failed to get data for 'enable_classic_shell_start'" but the zip is still created. I've emailed it to support@actualtools.com

BTW, since I have disabled dimming the problem never appeared

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2013 22:28:22

Hello Massimo.

I was unable to reproduce the issue on my PC, it seems to be associated with specificity of your system. Are you satisfied with using the workaround?

The issue with the error on creating backup has been already fixed, you'll be able to see the fix in the next version.

Best regards.

Massimo Morselli

Posted: 01/17/2013 18:51:07

Are you satisfied with using the workaround?

Absolutely yes. If I'm the only one with this problem, the problem is fixed.  ;)  Thanks for the great support.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register