Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Monitor 0 , no number in the monitor position configuration » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3887

T Jones

Posted: 12/20/2012 17:05:52

I use a program called Kylo Browser. Kylo is a new web browser for TV. I want to use one of my monitors to watch Youtube and other media. I cannot get Actual Monitor to control where it opens regardless of the monitor it starts up, it doesn't pin to the correct monitor or open on the monitor it is pinned.

If I use it exclusively for the main monitor, every activity open and minimizes to that main monitor first, then I need to minimize Kylo in order to see my content that is on the main monitor.

You can see the program info at kylo.tv and can test it because it is a free open source browser.

The monitors were numbered before the upgrade 7.4 but now I go the position page configuration and three are Monitor 0.

I only use default setting because it has served my needs since the beginning of purchasing the product.

I have used the Kylo Browser on my laptop and added one of monitors for viewing. This makes more work to copy, paste etc when it is located on a network computer.

I don't need a fix to control the program.

All I need is a way to keep content from the Kylo chosen monitor and not have the other two monitors open windows in the Kylo monitor.

Any suggestions?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/27/2012 02:32:44

Hello T Jones.

every activity open and minimizes to that main monitor first, then I need to minimize Kylo
Could you clarify what activities do you mean and clarify the whole situation?

The fact is Kylo has the option "Select display screen" which defines what your monitor the Kyle window will be opened on at start up and will fit to. Seems that it's exactly what you need.

As for me, I'm able to move the Kylo window at start up and with the hotkey during work, but there are some problems with resizing of this window (due to its specificity).

How does the monitors layout in the standard Windows settings look like? Are the numbers zeros too?

Best regards.

T Jones

Posted: 12/29/2012 10:50:55

First, I am very pleased with the simplicity to use the default of your product. I only need the described actions when initially purchasing and the program offers much more.

Thank you for testing Kylo window.

As mentioned, I have never moved away from default setting in the Actual Tools program. I would describe my activities the same way you have used it without error.

Regarding Monitor zero: When in the standard Windows setting the monitors show main window #3 Main Display Computer Monitor, #2 Computer Monitor with taskbar, #1 (Sony Monitor HDTV) with taskbar and the aspect ratio are the default chosen by the software or Windows 8.

I have discovered since the last post that the aspect ratio isn't what is specified in the settings. I have noticed that the windows minimize to the main Windows taskbar if the "browser" or program window is stretch more than 1429 to the left but it is the right of the main window #3.

I have used the hot-keys on Kylo as you described. I have moved it from the #1 Sony HDTV to #3 Computer Monitor too. I have not been able to minimize it when Kylo isn't on the main monitor,  It may be caused by the aspect ratio mentioned above or could be in the Monitor zeros setting.

I could try to test on my laptop to see if Monitor zeros exist but it would time consuming to exchange the different monitor cable hookups and loading actual windows before this could happen.

Is it possible to download and roll back to the previous version?

gavind

Posted: 12/31/2012 11:42:50

Is it possible to download and roll back to the previous version?

It should be possible but I'm not able to find the steps online in doing this yet. User added an image

T Jones

Posted: 01/02/2013 22:04:54

I found AMD Catalyst was downloaded and created this problem with the new upgrade from Actual Widows Manager. I uninstall AMD and kept the driver.

All is now working as expected.

Thank you for all your efforts.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register