Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM Causing system slowdown , Since update to AMM 4.3 Windows problems » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3374

Gordon

Posted: 11/23/2012 12:42:21

Hi there,

I have installed the most recent AMM update and since then it has made Windows 7 (64Bit) unstable and system tools have slowed down.  For example when using the start button it now takes a second or so for the menu to open and mouse movement within the menu become slow and unresponsive likewise when I start Task Manager it is very slow to respond.  Graphically intensive games have become unstable and AMM has crashed a couple of times.

I uninstalled the newest version, deleted all traces from the registry (which I could find) and reinstalled ver. 4.2 which was stable, but this now also exhibits the same slowdown and crashing problems leading me to think that when uninstalling 4.3 it left behind some code which is preventing a clean install.

Ideas, recommendations, help all welcome...

Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/25/2012 23:38:36

Hello Gordon.

Try to launch AMM 4.2 with the clean configuration: enter %appdata% into Windows explorer address bar and then move to Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors. Copy your configuration files from this folder to other one to make a backup of the configuration and then clean this folder completely and launch AMM 4.2. Does it help?

Have you restarted your PC after installing 4.3 and after re-installing 4.2?

Can you check via the Task Manager what processes have the greatest values of CPU and Mem Usage parameters when your PC slows down?

Do you have any anti-virus or firewall software installed? What is this software?

Best regards.

Gordon

Posted: 11/30/2012 17:34:36

I did this (except for the copying of the config file which I just deleted) and reinstalled AMM 4.2:

Try to launch AMM 4.2 with the clean configuration: enter %appdata% into Windows explorer address bar and then move to Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors. Copy your configuration files from this folder to other one to make a backup of the configuration and then clean this folder completely and launch AMM 4.2. Does it help?

And it worked!

Thank you.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register