Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM Desktop icon order save/restore issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2979

Derek Moss

Posted: 08/28/2012 02:44:02

I'm running AMM 4.2. I just had to move my monitor connection from one DVI port to the other to test something (which messed up my desktop icon layout) and have put it back as it was now but I'm having a bit of an issue with the desktop icon order save/restore feature.

I rearranged the icons whilst only my monitor was enabled and saved the order. Then I switched to my Monitor+TV profile and it moved most of the icons onto my TV, so I dragged them all back onto the monitor and saved the order again (I haven't tidied the layout up yet, so they're in a different arrangement to my single monitor profile).

Now, when I switch back to my single monitor profile, it does change the layout of the icons but doesn't load the saved order and I have to manually click on Restore desktop icons order, when I'm sure this has always been automatically done when switching profiles before. Perhaps there's an option to turn this auto-restore on but I couldn't find it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2012 01:53:38

Hello Derek.

Do you mean that the icons order stopped to be restored automatically on switching the profiles after you've moved your monitor connection from one DVI port to other and back?

Your TV is the primary monitor in the Monitor+TV profile, right?

Best regards.

Derek Moss

Posted: 08/31/2012 05:36:49

Hi Bogdan

Yeah, that's what happened. My Monitor was the primary screen in the Monitor+TV profile.

It seems to be working normally now anyway. I've just added a third monitor connected by DP, so I had to create new profiles anyway but it is auto-saving/loading the icons position when I switch profiles now.

Thanks.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register