New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] AMM 4.2 and Logitech Setpoint Volume Overlay » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 29538

shortkud

Posted: 08/19/2012 22:29:55

I just upgraded to AMM 4.2 and when I have it running the volume overlay when that is performed by Logitech Setpoint is not shown on any monitor. Sometimes I can see it flicker but for some reason once I installed 4.2 I'm having this issue. I did not have this issue with 4.1 but I don't see anything in the change log that would cause this other then maybe the new compiler for the amm dll file.

Normally I run the free version so I'm also wondering if there is some pro feature enabled that I can't find that is causing my issue.

Thanks

Oliver Tamayo

Posted: 08/22/2012 15:04:54

I am having exactly the same problem; since the last upd ate to 4.2 all the Logitech SetPoint notifications just flicker on screen. To make things worse, pressing Caps Lock now launches the SetPoint configuration screen - Extremely annoying especially when I am typing and not looking at the screen!!!

I am using AMM 4.2 Pro-Version on Windows 7 x64 with Logtech Se tPoint 6.32.7

Any help please

Kelly Major

Posted: 08/23/2012 11:03:09

I think you will find that your Logitech SetPoint software is configured to open when the caps lock key is on.

I ran across this a while back myself.  Once I changed the setting to not open it's been fine.  Although I didn't change it originally and I suspect something about a recent AWM upd ate made the se tting change.

- KEM

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/24/2012 00:39:55

Hello everybody.

Try to add SetPoint to exclusion list with matching only to the program criterion (Use the crosshair from the Exclusions tab of the Configuration module or SetPoint System menu > Actual Window Manager > Exclude this window).

And let me know whether it works.

Best regards.

shortkud

Posted: 08/24/2012 21:09:04

Hey Bogdan, thanks for that suggestion. It fixed the issue for me.

oliver

Posted: 08/26/2012 06:40:00

Thanks Bogdan, I can confirm adding SetPoint.exe to the exclusions list fixed the issue for me to  :D

Terry Korensek

Posted: 08/26/2012 15:24:23

It took me several days to figure out AWM was causing this problem for me also. I added SetPoint.exe to the exclusions list, but it doesn't work for me. In desperation, I finally came to this forum looking for other answers, but this seems to be the only thread addressing this issue. Any other suggestions Bogdan?

XP SP3

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/27/2012 16:02:16

Hello Bogdan,

There has never been a conflict with Logitech SetPoint in previous versions of AWM before. Starting with AWM 7.2, besides the issue with the volume overlay mentioned in this thread, I also have that whenever I press the stop or the play button on my Logitech Wave corded keyboard, a specific window of the SetPoint program is opened (see attached screenshot, it is in Dutch) (my media player does still stop and start though, and the SetPoint overlays for stop and play are correctly shown). SetPoint normally never opens on this particular tab if I open the program myself.

I have now made an exclusion for SetPoint, but want to ask you to try to solve this conflict as it never existed before. I had made a specific setting for SetPoint more than a year ago, but by adding an exclusion this specific setting now does not work anymore. I would appreciate it if you could solve it!

Best regards.

P.S. In the screenshot "Instellingen van Extra" translates to "Settings of Extra".

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2012 00:16:50

Hello gentlemen.

Unfortunately, for now i can't even try to reproduce the issue because i have no Logitech keyboard so that i can't use all the features of SetPoint (i think the keyboard functions is the most important).

We'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Terry, please do the following:
- Launch AWM
- In the notification area (system tray) context menu for AWM (right click on the Actual Title Buttons icon) select “Logging” and then “Enable logging”
- In the same context menu select Logging > Show Log Window. It opens the Log window, where AWM displays the windows which it tracks, Settings that are applied to these windows etc.
- If the window contains some entries, then right-click the working area and select the “Clear Log” item.
- When the log window is clear, open the windows you have problem with (that flicker) and check whether the new entries appear in the log window and what setting are applied to it. Also you can make a screenshot of the log window and send us.

Pim, can the appearance of the window of SetPoint be associated with some settings of SetPoint (similar to the problem with CapsLock as was mentioned above)?

Best regards.

Andy K

Posted: 08/31/2012 03:26:53

Hi Bogdan,

I have enabled logging in AMM and get the following log when I press either media button, caps lock or number lock.

I added an exclusion for sharepoint.exe but this did not help, but I did manage to fix it.

31/08/2012 09:16:23.277 New window Default Settings LOGIOSDMODELEX LOGIOSDMODELEX c:\program files\Logitech\setpointp\SetPoint.exe

after you enable logging and get the message above, right click and create an exclusion for it.
This works for me!

Messages 1 - 10 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register