Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Not sure if this is possibe , Secondary display profile activated on application launch » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2992

Gary Crawford

Posted: 07/19/2012 07:46:56

Hi there,

I may have over complicated things for myself a little bit, but here goes. :P

I have a high end PC in the spare room, which is used for work and gaming.  In the main room, I have a mid-range HTPC running XBMC for all of my networked media and live TV, hooked up to a 50" TV.  I am interested in using the PC in the spare room to play games on the TV in the main room.

I intend to use a 15m HDMI cable from the pc to the TV, connected to an automatic HDMI switcher in the same port as the HTPC.  What I aim to achieve is the most seamless integration from the HTPC display to the PC display as possible.  I intend to run a secondary version of the XBMC application on the PC with a games launcher plugin that will allow me to launch any installed game on my secondary display (i.e. the 50" TV).

As the HDMI switcher automatically switches to the last detected display, (intended for when you turn on a DVD player etc.) I was wondering if it would be possible to create a profile that activates a dual monitor display on my PC when I launch a specific application, in this case XBMC.  

To launch the application from the main room I will write a batch command, to launch XBMC on the spare room PC which I will then map to one of the keys on the HTPC remote.

Essentially, when I press a specific button on the HTPC remote, it launches a secondary version of XBMC which activates a dual display profile, causing the switcher to detect a new display, thus switching inputs automatically.

Hopefully this is something you guys can help with, if not I'll need to rethink my setup a little bit.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2012 00:53:08

Hello Gary.

You can set the hotkey for the certain profile and then specify the same hotkey in the "Run keyboard macro" option of your secondary XBMC. That's the way to activate the profile on the application startup.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register