Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Program wont function properly , Program wont show stream feed » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4560

Tom Brock

Posted: 07/13/2012 17:16:50

I run a program, DVSImageCenter,  which is a program to monitor security camera's around my property.  
The program itself, If I open it, opens up full screen, cant be re-sized, or moved.  its either all or nothing.   It works on the primary monitor.   I have second feed running to a large screen tv via a usb to hdmi video adapter.  If I set them to be duplicate of the original, the program shows up and works fine.  
I would like to run it on the larger screen where I can monitor camera's while doing a couple other security related things.
So, I am trying Actual Multi Monitor pro (trial at this point).  With the settings of the monitors to extended, I can use Act. Mult. Mon. pro to move the said security to the second monitor.  that works fine.  but, there is no video feed when its on the second monitor. Just black.   and if i click to do anything in the program, any dialog boxes that open up, open on Monitor One.

Any Ideals?

So far I really like the look and feel of AMMpro. Would love to get things to work.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Tom Brock

Posted: 07/13/2012 20:39:15

further research shows.  that if i tell windows to make the second monitor the primary, then the DVI software opens on the other side and runs fine.  
but, that means all my icons and tool bars, ect are on the other monitor as well.  
Dont understand.  obviously the second monitor is capable fo working with the DVI software,  just being picky about which one is primary in windows.

Tom

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/16/2012 02:33:59

Hello Tom.

This app's window seems to consist of many windows actually - the main window and the windows that are responsible for the video streams.

Please try to make two separate rules for DVS IC:
The first one - launch the DVS and when pointing the target window with the crosshair (the Target Window tab of the specific setting), drag it right over IC's titlebar.

The second - run the video from the cameras and when pointing the target window with the crosshair, drag it right over the video and check if the values in the Window class field of these specific settings (the Target Window tab) coincide and let us know.

Best regards.

Tom Brock

Posted: 07/18/2012 17:33:12

Hey Bogdan,

Thanks for the reply.

In following the instructions above, I find that no matter what part of the DVS window I touch with the crosshair, it all shows the same data in the target window details.

Maybe helpful for you to see it in action.  Here is the DVS progie link on my server if you wish to do so.

http://www.file.hoothost.com/DVS.exe

Thanks
Tom

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2012 02:31:31

Hello Tom.

Seems that our program can't solve this problem.

The only thing i can advise to you - leave only the "program" criteria enabled on the "target" tab of the specific settings for DVS. Maybe this will help.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register