New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Game "Borderlands" won't accept any changes by AWM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11762

Crular

Posted: 06/07/2012 04:45:12

I try to run the above mentioned game in a borderless window mode. So far it doesn't accept any changes made by AWM. I know the settings should work, as I use them in other games with success. I know the game can be run in a borderless window mode, as another program - ShiftWindow  (http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/) - manages to do that.

I bought AWM and I don't want to run another program to achieve something I use AWM for. Could you please direct me how to run this game in a borderless window?

What I tried so far is:
- remove all standard elements of the window: no luck, the borders always show
- position of the window: adjust the position at start, restrict position, even remember the position when the window closes (after positioning it with the above mentioneed "ShiftWindow"); no luck, position won't change

Regards,

Crular

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/07/2012 21:27:39

Hello Crular.

Could you make the following steps:
1. Enable logging (AWM system tray context menu -> logging -> enable logging)
2. Show log window (AWM system tray context menu -> logging -> Show log window)
3. Clear log (right click in the log area -> the "clear log" item of the context menu)
4. Launch the game and see the log window. Does our program track the game window and if does then what rule is applied to it?

Best regards.

Crular

Posted: 06/08/2012 01:57:45

Thanks for your help. I did as you advised and the rule I created for the game is indeed used (Rule "Borderlands"). But as usual, nothing is changed in the game window, neither are elements removed, nor is the position adjusted.

Any hint on how to go on from here?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/09/2012 02:02:55

Hello Crular.

For now we can't say for sure what causes the problem.

Please send us your configuration files using the "Send to Tech Support" tool.

Best regards.

Crular

Posted: 06/10/2012 08:06:05

Ok, sent you the requested files. I hope you can figure out how to resolve this issue.

Crular

Posted: 06/10/2012 15:09:46

Another thing I noticed is, that quite some games do not accept the window settings when they are started, though the log window claims the window was recognized. When I disable the rule and enable it, the rule settings are then applied to the window most of the time, though not always. Is this behaviour known and is there a remedy for that?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/14/2012 22:52:07

What games have you noticed this behaviour with?

You've tried to do this with Borderlands, right?

Crular

Posted: 06/15/2012 16:51:55

Two games which show that kind of behaviour are the mentioned Borderlands and Crysis 2. No matter what I do, both games won't change their position, and Borderlands won't let its window borders be removed, which at least works with Crysis 2.

Funny thing is, that I am pretty sure the window border removal worked with Borderlands a while ago and nothing was changed on my side. And the program ShiftWindow  (http://grismar.net/shiftwindow) is able to remove the window borders in both games and to change the window positions. That's why I know it can be achieved and isn't impossible. Could there be a problem with my setup? I run two monitors on my graphics board, though no matter what settings I use (position at start by pixel or % of current monitor, % current desktop) the window position won't change.

Crular

Posted: 06/15/2012 17:09:39

Just tried it with both games again. Borderlands won't let its borders be removed, no matter what I do, and the position won't change at all.

With Crysis the borders are not removed when the game is started. I have to uncheck change standard elements of the window, hit apply, recheck the option and hit apply again. Then the borders are removed. The position isn't changeable either, no matter what options I use. I just can't figure out why the settings aren't applied when the game is started. The log clearly says the window is recognized.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/18/2012 04:54:52

Hello Crular.

Could you please enable logging, launch Borderlands and after that send us your configuration files again, so that we could see the log file.

BTW, i wasn't able to find the rule for Crysis.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register