Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Opened Windows Not showing » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8462

Scot Scurlock

Posted: 01/05/2011 17:39:04

I have a purchased copy of Actual Multiple Monitors running on four monitors and have a Taskbar at the bottom of each.

Primary Monitor Runs Desktop and Word
Monitor #2 (to the left) is where Excel and .pdf open
Monitor #3 (above Primary) is reserved for Outlook
Monitor#4 (right of Primary) is Internet Explorer

On the Primary Monitor (desktop) I can open 13 files and then they stack to a single button to the left that says 13 Microsoft Office Word and if I mouse to it, it show each of the 13 open file’s name.

On Monitors #2, I can open 5 then it stacks to the left but when I mouse over it only show the first file opened, not the other four.

On Monitor#3, I can open 5 then it shifts to the left and mouse over shows all open emails

On Monitor #4, I open 5 and it shifts to the left but again when I mouse over it only show the first window opened, not the other four

I hope there is an easy solution to this in the set up that I am just missing.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/12/2011 03:01:28

Hello Scot,

I'm afraid that I don't quite understand your post.

What does mentioned "it only show the first file opened" mean?

What is the question?

What OS do you use?

Rae Sharp

Posted: 01/28/2011 15:40:28

I'm having the same exact problem as Scot.  I'm running Win7 64bit and just downloaded and installed  the multiple monitor version.  I'm only running two monitors.  When I open my accounting software there are options for payroll, AP, AR, etc.  I open the software and I can access AP, but then the primary Window goes to the toolbar.  I can hover and see it dimed but cannot select it.  The only thing I can do is close the secondary window and close the software and start over.  I've turned off actual tools for now and I miss it.  This has also happened in windows explorer, I just thought I'd accidently closed a tab until it kept happening over and over.  Please fix or tell me how to setup properly.  :(

Another note:  I'm new to forums and RSS feeds so if I do something silly just point me in the right direction.  I just clicked on the RSS button and it gave me an error.  Do I need to setup something to subcribe to the RSS feed?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/31/2011 03:01:15

Hello Rae,

I can’t reproduce the problem on my computer.

Please, try to install Actual Multiple Monitors 3.1 beta 3 ( http://www.actualtools.com/beta/ ) and check whether the problem remains or not.

When you will install it press Shift + right mouse click on multi-monitor taskbar, choose Debug and send me a screenshot of this window.

Best regards.

Rae Sharp

Posted: 01/31/2011 10:14:30

Thank you very much for the quick response.  
The application I was running was 3.1 beta 2 however I believe that I may have resolved the problem.  Your software and an explorer add-on were conflicting.  I'm going to run some more tests today.  I'll get back with you on the results.

Rae Sharp

Posted: 01/31/2011 10:15:34

Here is the error when I click on the RSS button on the top of the page:

Internet Explorer cannot display this feed

This feed contains code errors.
    Go back to the previous page.

More information

Rae Sharp

Posted: 01/31/2011 19:19:28

OK, I've just installed Actual Windows manager again and opened the software that was giving me problems.  All of my windows are showing and everything looks good.  I'm using Actual Window Manager Version 6.3.  I believe the conflict was with Directory Opus 9 Trial Version which is an explorer add-on.  I'll update the post if I have any additional problems.  Thank you for your help.
Rae

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register