Actual Tools / About
[ANN] Actual Window Manager 5.4 beta 3 is available!
Dear John Smith,
I'm glad to inform you about the recently released Actual Window Manager 5.4 beta 3.
It's supposed to be the last update before releasing the final version, and it's more like a service release, with some bug fixes and improvements. However, there is one new feature that may be appreciated a lot - it's the Desktop Icons Manager facility. It will help you to keep the preferred layout and order of the icons on your desktop from being accidentally changed or corrupted because of display resolution changes. Just arrange your icons as you like, then right-click Actual Window Manager icon in the system tray and click the Save Desktop icons item in the popup menu - and from now, the icons order is stored. If it is unintentionally changed or garbled in some way - you can quickly restore the preferred layout by selecting the Restore Desktop icons item in tray icon's popup menu. Please consider the following notes while using this feature:
- you can store separate layouts for different display resolutions. For example, when you switch your display resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 - you can rearrange desktop icons and save the new order for that particular resolution. If you then switch back to 1280x1024 - you can quickly restore the icons order native to this resolution;
- when storing the icons order in a multiple displays environment, it is stored/restored on a per display basis, and only resolutions of displays are taken into account, not their relative order. It means that if you have several displays - you can rearrange them freely without the need to store the icons order after each change.
Here are promised bug fixes and improvements:
- the Multi-monitor Taskbar extension is made compatible with Windows 7 (not fully but now it looks much better than before);
- Virtual Desktops Switcher visual parameters (such as orientation, number of cells, number of icons per cell) are available at the Virtual Desktops tab in the Configuration window;
- fatal deadlock is fixed in the Virtual Desktops Switcher.
The regular reminder of the basic principles of our beta-testing policy:
beta versions have an expiration date after which they can't be used.
The beta 3 of Actual Window Manager 5.4 will expire on August 1, 2009.
beta versions can't be registered, even with a valid registration data (they are not final products but betas!). So when the beta version expires you should either roll back to the last stable release, update your beta to a new one (if available), or upgrade to a new stable release (if available).
Hope to hear from you soon at our Beta-Testing forum section, all your posts will be surely answered and considered. Great thanks for your constant help and cooperation!
Tools for professionals! Make your day-to-day Windows activities easier and more productive!