Window Selector is a small easy-to-use magic tool that automatically fills the Target Window criteria fields with the correct values. You can activate it by clicking the Select Window From List button.
There is a list of currently running windows (some of them may be minimized) which consists of the four columns:
- Window caption - a current window caption string. It is defined by an application and often contains the name of the application and, perhaps, some related information (e.g. document name, current program state etc.).
- Program - a name of application's executable file.
- Path - a full path to application's executable file.
- Window class - a name of a window class as it is used by Windows®.
Follow the steps below to retrieve the necessary values with the Window Selector:
- open the desired window
- activate the Window Selector
- find your window in the window list and select it by clicking the left mouse button or using the cursor keys
- click the OK button
- check the criteria fields in the Target Window pane: they will be filled with the proper values
Also, you can use the Flash Window button in the following manner to be sure you have selected the right window:
- be sure the window you wish to configure is open
- select this window in the list
- click the Flash Window button
- selected window's border and taskbar button will flash for a short time
Also you can use the Window Finder magic tool to retrieve values from a required window.