Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Constant 'Duplicate Entry' Error » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8052

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 12/02/2009 04:17:00

Ever since the moment of the time-stamp indicated on the screenshot I have been receiving the error notice and have not been able to figure out why.

The error pops up when AWM starts at boot-up, when I go into the configuration settings, and at every restart of AWM.

I have the file it asks to send in but if I do not decline to send it the entire tool stops functioning until I exit and restart it.

To investigate on my own I have uninstalled it three times and reinstalled it fresh twice.  By 'Fresh' I  mean that I have also tried to find every registry entry after uninstalling as well as latent files and folders that are left behind after removal and deleted them.  That also included restarting and researching for those left-behind traces and deleting.

So far this has been unsuccessful, so now I'll leave it to the experts.

Email w/ attachment to follow.

Rob

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 12/02/2009 08:35:49

After upgrading to 5.5 beta 3, I was getting same error as Robert posted above. I also tried reinstalling without success.  I finally cured it by deleting the .ini files contained in the folder
'C:\users\'your name'\Appdata\Roaming\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\'

i assume there was some conflict between these files and those of the same name in the programs installed  directory, as I have not seen the error message again.

Best regards

G Booth

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/02/2009 09:26:04

Robert, Gerard,

This error is caused by the bug mentioned here. It means that your MultiMonitorSettings.ini file is corrupted, and your Desktop Profiles settings are lost.

To get rid of this error, it's enough to delete %UserProfile%\Application Data\Actual Window Manager\MultiMonitorSettings.ini.

Sorry again! :oops:

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 12/02/2009 11:31:14

Thanks for the explanation Alexey.

love the new version by the way. sorry I have not been able to take a more active part in the beta test. But I have had loads of system problems lately, due to what I have just tracked down as a failing Power supply unit.

Best Regards

Gerard Booth

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register