Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Windows File Explorer Window Mode , Opening file explorer in window mode fails » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2476

Jon Albright

Posted: 01/19/2023 00:31:22

I posted this back in October of this year with no results so, hoping to find a solution this time around.  Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 22H2, build 22621.1105, AWM verion 8.14.7.  When opening Windows file explorer while in a VPN session with a remote client, if the explorer window is set to open in windowed mode (my default), the resulting display is off-kilter, i.e. half of the displayed window is only showing from mid point to the lower right corner.  It corrects itself if the window is maximized & then windowed.  Not a killer but certainly inconvenient.  Help??

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2023 11:53:05

Hello, Jon

I apologize for such long delay in replying to you, but we were unable to reproduce the problem like you described it that time.

So does it happen only "while in a VPN session with a remote client"? Could you describe more detailed the whole connection situation? Do you mean the problem happens on a remote PC with Windows 11? What remote connection software you use?

Have you tried to work on this PC locally, not remotely? Does the problem persist in this case?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Jon Albright

Posted: 03/28/2023 22:44:42

Bogdan,
So does it happen only "while in a VPN session with a remote client"? Could you describe more detailed the whole connection situation? Do you mean the problem happens on a remote PC with Windows 11? What remote connection software you use?

This happens only when launching file explorer from a shortcut **on my desktop** to open a folder on the remote Windows 2016 server. The resulting screen display is skewed. (see attached file) After the folder is open, minimizing the window & then re-opening the file explorer window, all displays normally. If I open a file explorer window on my machine first & then type in the UNC path to the folder on the remote server, it displays properly.

The VPN connection is performed with the native Windows 11 VPN manager & is secured using IKEv2 connection properties.  I use the full UNC path to open the remote folder which is stored in a shortcut.  

Have you tried to work on this PC locally, not remotely? Does the problem persist in this case?

I have physically worked on this server and experience no screen skew like this, it all displays normally. It only occurs when I have AWM running & open a file explorer window using a shortcut.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/08/2023 09:39:47

Jon,

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem.

Does the problem happen if you create a shortcut on the desktop for one of the folders of your local Windows 11 computer and open the folder using this shortcut the same way you open remote folders?

Jon Albright

Posted: 04/08/2023 22:27:12

It is only fr om using a shortcut to open the folder stored on the remote server. I can manually navigate by entering the UNC path to wh ere I want to be but that is such a bummer to have to keep doing that each time.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/24/2023 03:09:46

Hello, Jon

Finally we were able to confirm this problem. Indeed, there is a problem with remote folders if they're open via shortcuts - they open little bit differently if you compare them with usual shortcuts/folders when not using our software. We'll try to fix this problem and post here when it's fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/24/2023 03:18:14

Also, you can get the shifted remote folder to its correct place in Tabbed Explorer by double-clicking its title bar with left mouse button.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/29/2023 02:10:42

Hello, Jon

You wrote:
When opening Windows file explorer while in a VPN session with a remote client <...> half of the displayed window is only showing from mid point to the lower right corner.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version 8.15 of Actual Window Manager.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register