Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «New windows / sub windows open as transparent , Using "While inactive" for windows for transparency, but newly opened windows keep being transparent » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8845

Jim

Posted: 10/12/2019 01:25:26

I'm not sure I can reproduce this at will, yet it happens to me every day.  I'll be working in a window, and I'll open a new window, or a sub window of an application, and the new window will open up as transparent, so I don't notice it, then I go looking for it etc.  

Each new window should NOT be transparent when I open it.

The only transparency options I have enabled, are "While inactive" which is set to a 1/2 second delay before change to 70 %, and "while mouse-hovering" which is instant, to 20%.  

Is there an option to ensure that newly opened windows aren't transparent?  

Do I need to set a longer delay?  Or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2019 00:44:55

Hello, Jim

This problem is similar to the problem described in this topic.

We were unable to reproduce it and I'm not sure delay helps in this situation.

Could you tell what version of Windows and what our program (name, version) you have this problem with?

Also, could you specify the applications you have this problem with?

Best regards.

Jim

Posted: 10/28/2019 20:42:42

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Jim

This problem is similar to the problem described in this topic.

We were unable to reproduce it and I'm not sure delay helps in this situation.

Could you tell what version of Windows and what our program (name, version) you have this problem with?

Also, could you specify the applications you have this problem with?

Best regards.

I'm having this issue with Windows 10, been having it for years so it's not version related though my current build on the computer I use the most is version 10.0.18362.418.

I'm currently using the latest AWM, version 8.14.1

I see this with most applications, but most notably, ones built into Windows itself, like Explorer, or control panel sub windows etc.  

I think I may have a workaround / solution, actually two:

1.) When opening a new window, do NOT set that window to transparent, until after it's been interacted with.  I  think the problem is that windows are opening and are going transparent before I've clicked into them at all.  I would prefer that any new window, opens, and stays opaque until I've at least clicked it or moved it or interacted with it etc.

OR.

2.) Change focus to new windows when they open, so that they are always in front.  Don't let them go transparent until you've clicked a different window.

etc.  Something like this should work.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/31/2019 09:51:40

Jim,

Could you provide the exact step-by-step description of what actions lead to the problem with explorer (when it happens). Does it depend on how you open the window – from the taskbar icon or from the desktop shortcut etc.? If the problem is with explorer sub-windows also provide the step-by-step description.

Is there anything being done while the window is opening – for example mouse clicks and movements etc? Does the problem happen when nothing is being done except action to open the window for example click to the shortcut?

Does the window that becomes transparent open on the foreground or on the background?

Is it considered by the system as active? Keyboard commands should work in this window if it's so.

Does it become opaque if you click it?

Have you tried the solution described by MainTrane in this topic?
Going to the following registry entry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop REG_DWORD=ForegroundLockTimeout, and changing from a default value of 200000ms to 0ms seems to have cured the problem of windows opening in the background and without focus

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register