New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 21 - 27 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «PC slows down when launching software or games » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 82161

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2018 15:43:13

Hello, Andrew

Does the problem happen on your computres which are used by your client? Do you always have access to one of the computers which have this problem?

Does the problem persist on all computers with similar configuration (high powered 8GB RAM Quad Core i5 devices with SSD drives)? How many computers this problem persists on?

Do these computers have exactly the same specifications? Could you provide specifications of the computers – CPU model and graphics card model?

Could you name the exact number of Windows 10 build installed on these computers (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what the values of common CPU usage and memory usage are (Performance tab) and what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (Details tab) when the problem persists. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2018 16:11:28

Florian,

Have you tried to see the CPU consumption in the task manager:
What is the value of the CPU consumption parameter (of AudioEndpointBuilder process) at the moment when the freezing persists and when there is no freezing in the system?

What is the common CPU usage in the system at these two moments (the Performance tab of task manager)?

Best regards.

Andrew Mancey

Posted: 12/21/2018 19:45:11

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, this problem seems to be happening on all our computers where this is installed (they are all the same build/vendor/specification). It is not specific to one user and one computer. The reason we discovered this is because of the complaints from those that have it installed and after extensive investigation, the root cause can be linked to AMM. We currently have deployed AMM to 30+ machines, the client owns more licenses than this, but we are not deploying it further until we have a stable version.

The machines are physical computers: HP Elitedesk 800G3 machines as per:
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=15257618#!tab=specs

(equipped with i5-7500 3.4Ghz CPU and integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 chipset).
One point of note to consider however is that the desktops are also installed with Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent which adds an overlay driver for remote access. It may well be that this is contributing to the problem due to the combination of native and overlay display drivers.

The current build is: Win 10 v1709 OS Build 16299.785.

The CPU doesn't appear to be a measurable problem with the issue. What we've noticed though is that there is some serious black ghosting when you resize windows. I have a video showing this if you have somewhere I can upload this to? In the meantime, I have attached an example of the black boxing that happens with AMM running when windows are resized. When you close AMM, this problem does NOT appear when resizing windows.

Many thanks
Andrew

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/27/2018 03:44:11

Andrew,

The CPU doesn't appear to be a measurable problem with the issue.
Do you mean the CPU consumption (common and by processes) in Task Manager doesn't change when the problem appears? Does the memory consumption not change as well?

I have a video showing this if you have somewhere I can upload this to?
You can use Firefox Send file sharing service to upload the video. Then send us a link to the file. You can send it as private message to me.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/27/2018 14:22:54

Andrew,

the mouse cursor freezes at the point of moving between screens
This problem looks similar to the Tight Monitor Boundaries feature – when you try to drag the mouse to another monitor, it holds the mouse pointer on a boundary between monitors for a specified amount of time. Please see if this feature enabled or not (AMM configuration module > Mouse > Multiple Monitors > Tight Monitor Boundaries).

Could you also disable all the options in the Mouse section of the configuration module (in the Actions page you need to disable only the "Enable mouse actions" and don't need to disable each action in the list), press Apply and see whether it solves the problems.

Best regards.

David Baker

Posted: 02/20/2019 00:08:32

Hi,
I'm a colleague of Andrews and continuining this thread - I have disabled all of the features under the Mouse menu, and confirm that Tight Monitor Boundaries is NOT enabled.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2019 00:30:02

Hello, David

Andrew wrote:
The CPU doesn't appear to be a measurable problem with the issue.
Does the CPU consumption (common and by processes) in Task Manager not change when the problem happens? Does the memory consumption not change as well?

Also Andrew wrote about the video he was going to send to us depicting the black boxing problem mentioned above. Does this problem still persist? Could you upload the video using Firefox Send file sharing service and send us the link to the video (you can send it via private message).

One point of note to consider however is that the desktops are also installed with Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent which adds an overlay driver for remote access. It may well be that this is contributing to the problem due to the combination of native and overlay display drivers.
Are you able to check if the performance problem persists on one of the computers of this configuration but with Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent and the overlay driver not installed?

Best regards.

Messages 21 - 27 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register