New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 21 - 30 of 37
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM & Windows 10 , Went to 3 monitors and now all three have small versions of the backgr » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13884

David Reese

Posted: 01/28/2016 07:26:33

On monitor 1, it shows the picture that is the Windows setting. The colors display correctly. Same with monitor 2 & 3.

The path doesn't show despite it being picked in AWM, and if I go to the Windows Personalize section, I see the same pictures that are displaying, albeit with the three monitors combined in one "picture".

It still has the AWM background.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/01/2016 13:04:36

David,

Do you mean you've set solid color background on all monitors WITHOUT additional background settings (ie Background mode:Static, no picture files specified) in AWM and it worked properly, then enabled AWM slideshow for only one of the monitors and then the same Windows standard wallpaper appeared on all your monitors?

if I go to the Windows Personalize section, I see the same pictures that are displaying, albeit with the three monitors combined in one "picture"
Could you send us a screenshot of this settings window?

David Reese

Posted: 02/04/2016 03:25:31

No, the other monitors were still the solid color.

When I got to pictures on all of the monitors I realized that the pictures shown were the ones from the Windows display controls and not the ones that AWM should be showing. They were all pictures on my computer and the path was not showing on the pictures.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/04/2016 12:16:45

David,

First, you set the solid color background on all of your displays – every display have solid color background without any additional pictures.

Second, you enable AWM slideshow for only one of the monitors – what happens then?

David Reese

Posted: 02/09/2016 08:50:21

It works fine. It seems that the third screen is when the problems happen. The third screen is always black with no picture and it ignores the background color.

If it helps, the lock screens all work as expected, but the flickr web searches only seen to work on one screen. Also, no path shows on the web search. I think the Google search had the path. A limitation of flickr?

The preview also shows different pictures than what is actually on the screen. For instance, the preview shows a grey background and correct picture, bit the actual display on monitor 3 is black with no picture.

David Reese

Posted: 02/16/2016 23:04:35

The problem seems to be trying to use two Flickr screens. When you had Google and Flickr I used one of each and the other was a slideshow. Using two slideshows and one Flickr screen seems to work.

That being said, is there any way to bring back Google? Or some other online photo search? Or just have more than one Flickr setting work.

Thanks.

David Reese

Posted: 02/25/2016 08:43:26

Seems that the Flickr search doesn't update like Google did. Is this correct?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/26/2016 17:01:42

David,

It works fine. It seems that the third screen is when the problems happen. The third screen is always black with no picture and it ignores the background color.
The problem seems to be trying to use two Flickr screens. When you had Google and Flickr I used one of each and the other was a slideshow. Using two slideshows and one Flickr screen seems to work.
Do you mean the problem described in the first quote persists only when you set Flickr slideshow for two monitors? Does it depend on what 2 monitors of 3 you set Flickr slideshow for?

Also, no path shows on the web search
Are you talking about the displaying of picture source on the display? Picture source should be shown if the corresponding option is enabled.

Seems that the Flickr search doesn't update like Google did. Is this correct?
Could you clarify what you're talking about.

David Reese

Posted: 02/27/2016 04:11:39

1 2

The above is my setup. Screens 1&2 are display ports, screen 3 is DVI.

Screen 1 always works (Photo slideshow). Screen 2 always works (Flickr), but the pictures shown are a very limited set, definitely smaller than what is on Flickr. For instance, the search words abandoned buildings, nature brings up almost 15,000 images in Flickr. In AWM, the search stops after 12, and I will only see those 12 pictures in a rotation. Screen 3 works only after editing the settings, and then for a short time only. It doesn't matter if it is set on slideshow or Flickr, it resets itself to static after running for a short time.

David Reese

Posted: 03/12/2016 02:49:01

Screen 3 is still going back to static.

Can I run two different Flickr searches? Does the Flickr searches update, or is what the original search came up with what I'm stuck with?

Messages 21 - 30 of 37
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register