New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 13 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Monitor (or any, really) sound settings simply do nothing. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 19375

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/27/2020 00:27:57

Extremity,

Not yet. Could you do the following:

Open some page in Chrome, so that when you open Chrome next time it starts playing audio or video automatically (for example, some YouTube video). Close Chrome.

Start AMM. Open the %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors folder in the explorer. Delete the CenterEvents.log file to remove the previous log information.

Start Chrome and then do this:
1. Using the Audio Switcher title button switch to other audio device different from the currently specified, use the "Exactly specified" option
2. Switch to the previous audio device, also use the "Exactly specified" option
3. Select "Bound to monitor" option
4. Move the Chrome window to the monitor with different bound audio device
5. Move Chrome back to the previous monitor

Then exit AMM and send us the newly created CenterEvents.log file to bogdan@actualtools.com.

Also, download the Process Explorer utility. Open both Chrome and AMM (make sure the audio switcher feature persists in Chrome), then start Process Explorer. Click the "View DLLs" button as shown on the screenshot. Then select the Chrome processes one by one until you find the process that has the AudioSes.dll. Does this process also have the AudioSwitcher64.dll (also shown on the screenshot)?

Extremity

Posted: 08/02/2020 13:13:18

Well, it somehow started working right before my trial expired so I ended up buying a license even though you guys just... stopped replying.

The only "issue" - which isn't really an issue but what I'm assuming is just a technical limitation - is that when you have a chrome tab/window on the second monitor, it reverts sound based on whichever tab is active. For instance, if you have a chrome window on monitor two, sound will revert to monitor 1 when you click into a tab on it (even though the window playing audio is still on monitor 2).

I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this with some sort of "each window is its own process" option, but I can't remember where that option may be. If you deign to reply again at some point and know if that's a possibility, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for the attempted... temporary support.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/04/2020 19:40:56

Extremity,

I assure you, we didn't stop to reply and forget about your problem. Just sometimes it may take a longer time for us to reply.

The only "issue" - which isn't really an issue but what I'm assuming is just a technical limitation - is that when you have a chrome tab/window on the second monitor, it reverts sound based on whichever tab is active.
You're right - this is a Chrome's limitation. We're not aware of any ways to split the Chrome audio process between respective separate Chrome windows. We'll see if we're able to find a solution to this problem. Maybe we'll have to wait until Chrome audio management scheme is changed. We'll post in this topic if solution for this problem is implemented.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 13 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register