New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Can't upgrade without providing a phone number? » on forum: General   Views: 17376

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 11/05/2014 19:57:07

The very previous version, 8.2.1 I believe it was. Of course I jumped on the upgrade because (1) I wasn't warned it would be a paid upgrade; and (2) I had the issue where windows would almost completely disappear (except for a small portion of the title bar which would turn black), or my entire screen would go black.

I never blamed the Actual Tools folks, but the PayPro people ... it would not be kind to say how I feel about them. :)

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/06/2014 12:19:01

Thank you for your reply, Scott!

You could have been not warned if you were updating from a 8.1.x version (the notification system wasn't good enough back then) or if the update was downloaded before you selected Let me decide (e.g. if you had Download and install automatically selected and Prompt before updating to a paid version unmarked. Otherwise you must have been warned with a message like this - User added an image.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 11/06/2014 20:07:06

I install every update, so I was not running an older version... it was the immediately previous point release. I swear I don't think I got the warning.

But it doesn't matter. I would have bought the upgrade anyway. The issue is really that the purchase process was a nightmare and I do not want that happening again.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/07/2014 09:13:25

Thank you for your reply, Scott!

Contact us and if this ever happens again and give us some time to sort it out.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login