New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 5.2b1 issues and suggestions , Also a re-request for a main AWM feature :) » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 49381

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/22/2009 04:11:48

I got your last message (Posted: 20.01.2009 03:41:53) but nothing before it, so I guess its working now. Will keep an eye on it.

Also, the email came from:

#EMAIL_FROM#@www.actualtools.com

so maybe you need to set a 'from' address where replies can be sent (assuming the forum software can support replies by email, or a 'do not reply' address if not...

Finally, just below the text box where I'm composing this message is the checkbox for subscribing for new messages. Although I've subscribed to this thread, its currently unchecked. Do I need to check it every time I reply to stay subscribed? If not, it should probably be checked already if I'm replying to a thread I'm already subscribed to. I know that's a more significant bit of functionality and might need a change in the forum software rather than just how you have it configured...

Thanks,

Dave.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/22/2009 05:07:10

Also, just noticed that the message URL included in the email notification doesn't take you to the message. This is what I was sent:

http://www.actualtools.com/en/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=534&MID=2840#message2840

but it just goes to the AWM home page.

And to answer my own question, it appears that even though the 'Subscribe' checkbox isn't ticked, I do still get notification messages - not a problem, just slightly confusing :)

Thanks,

Dave.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/22/2009 05:44:01

Dear David,

If you anytime cheek this option in any topic, you will get the letters about new massages until delete that subscribe. You can see and change your subscribe settings   here.

I'll try to solve problems with the format of letters.

Thank you!

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/17/2009 08:13:10

Hi,

Subscriptions seem to be working OK now - I've had several updates from the few threads I subscribed to, so that's great, thanks!

However, the original problem I had with the secondary task bar is still there in v5.3 of AWM... Did you have any success reproducing it?

Thanks,

David.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/22/2009 02:58:48

Dear David,

We tried to reproduce the problem on XP SP2 but unsuccessful.

Couldn't you specify some things?

1. What is the exact version (including service pack info) and edition (32/64 bit) of your system?

2. Have you got any utility programs for taskbar?

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/22/2009 04:10:24

Hi,

I'm on XP Pro SP3 32bit. No other systray utilities running, and also XMouse disabled. I also uninstalled Taskbar Shuffle, as the reordering functionality was advertised in 5.3, but I can only reorder tasks on the secondary taskbar, not the primary, using AWM 5.3. I don't need the systray reordering feature of taskbar shuffle anyway, but taskbar reordering would be very useful, if it worked on both screens :(

A few more details in case it helps:

- The incorrect behaviour (FF icon jumping to Monitor 1) only happens if the FF window is visible (restored or maximised) - if its minimised, its icon stays put on the secondary taskbar

- Another way to get it to stay put is to place another, 'better behaved' app in front of it (e.g. another explorer window) - it looks like the problem happens when FF gets the focus back when the app on Monitor 1 is minimised

- CubicExplorer (http://www.cubicreality.com/) also behaves strangely - not quite in the same way, but I wonder if its related. If I place its window on Monitor 2 and minimise it, its icon moves from the secondary taskbar to the primary. Clicking on its taskbar icon to redisplay the window, it jumps back to the secondary, which is where its window is.

Hope you're able to make some sense of this - happy as always to do more testing...

Cheers,

Dave.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/22/2009 04:48:05

David,

Thank you for quick reply.

We'll try to reproduce the situation with your new rectifications.

To reorder tasks is working in primary monitor you need disable the Group similar taskbar buttons option in Taskbar properties. (right-click on taskbar -> choose Properties -> Unmark the check box Group similar taskbar buttons -> press OK)

Best regards.

Татьяна Жак

Posted: 05/25/2009 04:31:58

Dear David,

Please send to us your AWM configuration files (via File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support).  

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/25/2009 05:37:35

David Lomas wrote:                                                      

- CubicExplorer (http://www.cubicreality.com/) also behaves strangely - not quite in the same way, but I wonder if its related. If I place its window on Monitor 2 and minimise it, its icon moves from the secondary taskbar to the primary. Clicking on its taskbar icon to redisplay the window, it jumps back to the secondary, which is where its window is.

The problem is confirmed but it is reproducing only if the window of CubicExplorer is maximized or some of the part of the window situates on primary monitor.
Am I right?

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 06/09/2009 03:45:49

Yes, that is correct. I have sent my config files as requested. Sorry for the delay - I didn't get a notification for this thread (hope the subscriptions bug is not back again :( ).

Messages 11 - 20 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register