New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 22
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 4 is available! , Some minor fixes and improvements; prolonged beta-testing period » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 44304

raimund schaffer

Posted: 12/13/2007 09:10:39

I'm using windows xp x64 and beta 4.
i try to use it with autodesk inventor and autodesk acad.
buttons are not displayed or they are invisible.

with version 4.5 it works great.

are there any options?

thanks

Aaron Mills

Posted: 12/13/2007 19:40:33

I'm using Beta 4 on Windows XP SP2. I've set my windows up to fade out when inactive, but fade in when moused over. I've noticed if I mouse over the window to fade it in and then click the window to change the focus to that window, that it will fade all the back out and then back in again. Is there some way to make the windows fade from the current transparency level to the desired level, rather than all the back out and then back in? It greatly detracts from the visual effect I'm trying to achieve.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 12/13/2007 20:06:45

Hi guys,

Something I've been meaning to ask about for a while now is the CPU consumption of the actualwindowmanagerconfig.exe executable. I make frequent changes to my windows configurations so I usually like to leave the AWM config window open but minimized. But I've noticed that this executable consumes between 8-15% of my CPU even when it's just minimized. Why is that and is anyone else experiencing this? I do have a ton of configurations so my config file is probably larger than most. So if it's reading from that file continually, that could possibly explain this.

I know that final performance tweaks are usually made near the official release of a product and that this beta may not represent the actual performance of the final 5.0 product but I'm just curious what that busy executable is doing there in the background.

Things are looking great BTW. But I'm going to put one more plug in for an "Appearance" or "Display" tab/page where a lot of the appearance related options should go IMHO. Things like the options portion of the Startup tab/page, and the changing of the caption and icon options. Seems that all these options could be nicely consolidated onto an additional tab for convenient access to the appearance options. Just my OCD acting up. :D

Looking forward to the final release!

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/13/2007 23:20:02

Hello Gentlemen,

1) Raimund Schaffer:

Are the window menus displayed?
- If yes, what happens if you hover a mouse over a title bar' area where the Actual Tools  extra buttons should be, do the hints appear and what happens if you try to press the probable buttons area (i.e. does clicking the area trigger any action)?  
- If not, use the Windows Monitoring Log tool and see what rule is aplied to autodesk inventor and autodesk acad if any.

BTW what versions of autodesk inventor and autodesk acad are you currently using.  

Additionally it would be great if you could test AWM 5.0 beta4 with the programs under xp x32 (if you have such an opportunity, of course)

2) Aaron Mills:

Please clarify what visual effect you're trying to achieve?

3) chgoguy7:

Did it happen with ver 4.5? Please specify the CPU speed.  

Your feature request concerning the "Appearance" tab has already been registered in our database, we are still considering the possibility of its implementation.  

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 12/14/2007 09:24:36

I believe the high CPU usage with the config executable occurred first with v4.5 (or perhaps even v4.0) because I have been in the habit for a long time now of always closing the config window. And I completely rebuild my system about every 6-12 months, so this is something that has continued despite fresh Windows and AWM installs.

My spec are:
Pentium 4 3GB
1GB RAM
WinXP SP2

What are your thoughts regarding my config file perhaps having become too large (it always been very large as I have several dozen apps configured) or even corrupt in some way, which may be causing the config executable to have to expend extra recources reading it. Is there a way to "rebuild" the config file so I could test this, which would retain all of my configurations but would rewrite the actual file. Maybe an export/import function that would serve this purpose?

Thanks Michael!

Aaron Mills

Posted: 12/14/2007 09:58:31

I just want the windows in the background to fade out. If I mouse over them they should fade in. If I click to bring them to focus, they should fade in. The problem is if I mouse over them first and then click on them. They fade in from the mouse over, then they fade out and back in when I click to bring them to focus. In other words, they blink, I do not want them to blink.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 12/15/2007 19:47:30

Hey guys,

Sounds like you've made quite a few changes to the build since beta 4 was released. Any chance you would consider releasing the build as is currently, with the origial release date for v5 remaining the same? It would give us a chance to test some of the changes and a couple more weeks to give feedback.

I know, I'm like a kid that wants to open his x-mas presents early!  :D   Just a suggestion.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/17/2007 01:50:05

chgoguy7:

The problem with the high CPU usage of ActualWindowManagerConfig.exe has been detected and fixed. Thanks for pointing at it.

As to the the requested build, we will consider such an opportunity.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/17/2007 01:53:15

Aaron Mills:

Thanks for your reply. That's how mouse-hovering currently works. In future it might be improved.  

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 12/17/2007 21:53:32

This is, granted, a very small nit-picky item. When copying config from one rule to another, you cannot simply double-click on the rule whose config is to be copied. You instead need to highlight the rule and then click OK. In keeping with standard Windows form, it would be nice to be able to just double-click the window rule to the copied and have it carry out the action. Thanks!

Messages 11 - 20 of 22
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register