New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 17 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «taskbar "super hide" , feature request » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 18269

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/20/2012 03:49:32

its driving me really crazy. I don't know where to put the damn taskbar *lol* as it always pops up when I dont want it to, but accessing menus, scrollbars, etc...

Please add an option like "completely hide all taskbars, only show them on pressing adjustable short cut key...

BTW there seems to be a bug with the start button and start menu in the latest beta:

Two monitors. Primary taskbar active on primary monitor and secondary AWM taskbar active on secondary monitor, both set to "autohide"

Hitting the <WIN>-Key with the mouse cursor on secondary monitor opens the start menu on secondary monitor. The taskbar itself autohides immediately, with the startmenu staying open, even when clicking/focusing a window or the desktop on secondary monitor.

unhiding the primary taskbar, I then see no start button. But clicking the space where it usually is, the start button returns, the start menu appears on the primary monitor and the start menu on the secondary monitor closes again...

weird...

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/20/2012 13:32:21

BTW there seems to be a bug with the start button and start menu in the latest beta:
FWIW: I have tested this and do not observe this on my Vista Ultimate 32-bit system, so it cannot be a general bug.

MGhell
Advanced user

Posted: 04/22/2012 02:45:47

Hi Tabsel,

you want something like this:

http://home.nordnet.fr/~pmdevigne/TaskbarActivate.html

Max

System:
DUAL WIN7 (32bit)/WIN10 PRO (64bit)
CPU Q9550S
4GB RAM
Nvidia 460GTX

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/22/2012 03:02:36

McGhell,

This is EXACTLY what I need! But: last update some 13 years ago, is it even compatible with Win7 x64?
And I want AWM to do exactly this, supporting all its multiple taskbars.

But the functionality is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2012 01:50:23

Hello gentlemen.

TabSel, I was unable to reproduce this issue with on my Windows 7 x64 machine.

What OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) are you running?

What our product (name, version) are you running?

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/25/2012 09:02:23

Win7Prof x64
AWM latest beta as of today

I guess it has something to with an app window spanning both primary and secondary monitor, NOT maximized...?

1. span an app window across primary and secondary screen
(I have the Cubase 6.5 main window open, with title bar and resizable frame removed, sized to fit primary nd secondary screen completely)

2. with mouse cursor on secondary screen, I hit <WIN> (I eventually press a dedicated mouse button mapped to the <WIN>-key) and the taskbar and the start menu appears on the secondary screen. The Taskbar is hidden immediately again, the start menu remains, even when clicking into the Cubase window ...)

3. I have to move the mouse cursor to primary and hit <WIN> there. The primary taskbar opens, and stays open (noticing the missing start button), the start menu appears only when clicking the space dedicated to the start button.

The start menu then appears, the start menu on the secondary screen vanishes again..

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/25/2012 21:36:54

Hello TabSel.

I can only reproduce something similar to the issue you described, but not identical.

Please send us your configuration files using the "Send to tech support" tool.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 17 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register