New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Move to Mouse , Move window to mouse pointer or mouse to new window » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8269

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 06/14/2016 14:36:05

Hi forum and actualtools team,

I'd like to come back to this issue.

After having a lot of programs keeping coming up on monitor 1 (which is my leftmost of 3 monitors) -- instead of in the middle (on monitor 2) as desired, in the meantime I have tried the "automatically move windows to monitor x" feature again.

However unfortunately, this still doesn't work as expected, because it still moves "all sorts of things" that shouldn't be moved. For example, for some programs it can happen that the main window is placed on monitor 2 (correctly), but when clicking on the menu of that program, the menu is separated from the program and comes up on monitor 1...

Even worse, with PDF-XChange Editor, menus (and the context menu) don't work anymore at all with the aforementioned setting of a AWM enabled.

Therefore I hope that this feature can be improved in the future. One suggestion would be to have a setting to actually only move complete, "proper" program windows, and not parts of windows or even window controls.

Cheers
David.P

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/14/2016 16:21:46

Hello, David

This is just how the Move to monitor (Exactly specified) option works when enabled for the Default Settings: Default Settings are applied to all windows which don't have a Specific Settings or Exclusion created for them and all these windows are moved to the specified monitor.

You can create several exclusions for such menu windows. Many of them can have the same window class, so I think you need to create a few exclusions and it will be enough to exclude all windows of this type from processing by the program and moving to other monitor.

You can exclude these menus from processing by AWM by doing following: AWM context menu (right click on the AWM tray icon) > Show log window > Check the Enable logging option > If there are any items in the window then Right click on the Window are and Clear log item > Bring one of these menus - the corresponding item will appear > Right click on it > Exclude this window.

We'll try to reproduce the issue with the PDF-XChange Editor.

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register