New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 13 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] AWM v8.14.7 does not display taskbar icons and language bar correctly in Windows 7 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 15469

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/05/2023 20:32:41

lastunicorn,

Any update on this duplicate taskbar icons on primary monitor?
Unfortunately, this problem is not in the list of tasks we worked on yet due to the large total number of tasks we have, also due to the important tasks that arose recently and due to the fact that some of the recent tasks we worked on appeared to be time-consuming.

In your case is the problem with browsers or with the applications started with elevated rights? Or maybe with both?

Have you considered using this workaround? Is it acceptable for you?
For now as workaround you can use the AWM taskbar instead of the standard Windows taskbar (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar).

lastunicorn

Posted: 07/05/2023 20:53:32

It seems strange that an issue was identified 1 year ago and you say you had no time to fix it yet...

Unfortunately I am affected with both - the browser (as i often play full screen video on secondary monitor) and apps with admin rights (as I often use cmd etc.)

The recommended workaround is not really fix, as I am using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker on primary monitor with Windows taskbar...
Unfortunately your taskbar is not compatible with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

I use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker due to 2 functions:
1. it can fully free reorder windows in taskbar (even from one group of app windows to another)
2. i can use mouse wheel to switch between windows on taskbar when taskbar in focus

Can you eventually implement these 2 functions into AWM?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/08/2023 15:38:45

lastunicorn,

It seems strange that an issue was identified 1 year ago and you say you had no time to fix it yet...
It's not like it's the only known issue or there are just a few known issues and that's it. We have many tasks which potentially could improve our software and there are plenty of known problems of different severity levels and also new problems emerge as changes are made in new versions of Windows and other software. Unfortunately, it's not possible to complete all the tasks even within a year, so we have to choose what tasks we should do first. Thus some problems may persist for a long time even though they're known.

I use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker due to 2 functions:
1. it can fully free reorder windows in taskbar (even from one group of app windows to another)
2. i can use mouse wheel to switch between windows on taskbar when taskbar in focus
We'll consider your request and will post here if any of the features is implemented.

Messages 11 - 13 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register