New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 74
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Topic: «awm causing major performance problems , browsing in windows explorer bad when running awm » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 318700

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2017 13:17:27

a p,

tried for a while but eventually program "haulted" and taskbars froze again. keeping that functionality off for now.
Does the general problem described in this topic (where the system is slow and the CPU consumption is high) persist with Favorite Folders and Recent Folders features disabled?

If yes, then could you try to disable the notification area of the AWM taskbar (AWM taskbar context menu (right click on the taskbar) > Taskbar Parts > Show the notification area) and see whether it solves the problem.

Does the problem with "Actual Window Manager is not responding" window happen? Could you tell at what moments you get this message. If you choose "Wait...", would AWM start to respond?

Could you also specify what antivirus you're running (name, version)?

Best regards.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 12/18/2017 22:02:01

the problem with cpu usage appears to have gone away with the beta release... however the problem where about once or twice a day the taskbars on secondary monitors controls by awm lock up and awm exe becomes unresponsive still persists.  I usually notice the problem has started when the clocks on these monitors are not in synch with the primary monitor.  Once i click anywhere on the taskbar it becomes greyed out and then the program is not responding message... waiting doesn't matter, have to kill the process.

running windows defender... nothing fancy.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 12/19/2017 00:57:37

only took about an hour after disabling the notification area of taskbars and program crashed again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/20/2017 16:01:41

a p,

Could you next time the problem happens and the taskbars freeze go to the Task Manager > Processes tab, create a dump file for the Actual Window Manager process that is not responding (see the screenshot) and send it to us to uninstall@support.com?

Best regards.

Steve Archer

Posted: 12/20/2017 20:57:10

I have been having the same issue with performance under the Fall update on windows 10. I have installed the current Beta with no improvement.

Windows version is 1709 build 16299.125.

Anti virus is Symantec Endpoint Protection.

I have the tabbed Explorer windows disabled as well as the Favorites and recent folders.

Improved somewhat by excluding Internet Explorer. We run an app that uses java through IE.(I know but it's not my choice) I have excluded the Java app windows.

Opening Excel 2007 seems to greatly increase the AWM CPU time. With Excel Open AWM is between 10% and 15% of CPU time. With Excel closed AWM CPU drops to 1.5% to 2%

Steve Archer

Posted: 12/20/2017 21:08:29

Found some improvement by disabling the switch audio playback tile button. But still seeing 10 to 15% CPU with Excel open.

Also the AWM configure window takes an extremely long time to open and was slow to respond before disabling the audio switcher tile.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2017 14:46:44

Hello, Steve

Could you send us your AWM configuration files with configuration you currently have using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

I have been having the same issue with performance under the Fall update on windows 10.
Could you describe the problem you've initially reported about more detailed? As a p described the problem detailed, and I'm not sure how many things are common between these two problems.

What was the common CPU usage in the Task Manager when the problem persisted?

Found some improvement by disabling the switch audio playback tile button.
Have you disabled it in Default or in some Specific Settings?

Does the problem return if you disable the exclusion for Internet Explorer now, when the "Switch audio playback to device" button is disabled?

Have you tried to exclude Excel from processing by AWM? Does it help?

Udayan Shah

Posted: 12/23/2017 00:27:03

I have the same problem - massive performance issues since the last Windows Feature Update, especially with Windows explorer open.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/25/2017 19:04:59

Hello, Udayan

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Have you tried to disable the notification area of the Actual Tools product taskbar (Actual Tools product's taskbar context menu (right click on the taskbar) > Taskbar Parts > Show the notification area) to see whether it solves the problem?

Have you tried to disable the "Switch audio playback to device" title button in Default Settings (Configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Title Buttons)?

Best regards.

BobTheBuilder

Posted: 12/29/2017 03:07:42

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Udayan

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Have you tried to disable the notification area of the Actual Tools product taskbar (Actual Tools product's taskbar context menu (right click on the taskbar) > Taskbar Parts > Show the notification area) to see whether it solves the problem?

Have you tried to disable the "Switch audio playback to device" title button in Default Settings (Configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Title Buttons)?

Best regards.

Actual Window Manager Version 8.11.2
Windows version is 1709 (OS Build 16299.125)

I have not tried disabling any of those things. However, the product was working fine before the windows update, and is now unusable afterwards - I have to close Actual Window Manager for me to use my computer without major slowdowns, so please fix whatever you have to fix. The product is great, but is now rendered unusable for me.

Messages 11 - 20 of 74
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 7, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register