New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «firefox not working with 8.11.1 , cannot do anything with firefox » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 51417

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/26/2017 13:33:16

Hello a p,

There is no Specific Settings for IE in configuration files you sent. Please clarify.

As for Specific Settings for FF, you could try to disable the "Window caption" window criterion (on the Target Window tab of the Specific Settings) and change the "Program" criterion from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" to "\firefox.exe" (without quotes) and check whether the issue persists or not. If the issue persists, you could try to reinstall Actual Window Manager with the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option enabled (during the installation process) and repeat the test.

Also, you have a strange Specific Settings (Specific Settings 1) where no one window criterion is specified.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/26/2017 19:18:36

the setting is called "specific settings 4" which shouuld be driving firefox windows.  I tried as you suggested changing the program to just "\firefox.exe" but didn't change things.

I will try reinstalling as you've suggested next and let you know.  Also i removed the blank setting you mentioned.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/28/2017 03:13:20

i've uninstalled and reinstalled using the support system util option but nothing has changed.  still cannot control firefox or ie windows.  again to restate, firefox always opens on primary window and does not have any of the title buttons i've set to show.  ie windows do show the title buttons but i cannot make it do anything like resize or open on a particular monitor.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/28/2017 03:14:15

just sent you my latest config for your review as well

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/28/2017 03:15:28

okay well after closing the app now ie windows seem to behave correctly now so only firefox has the problem now.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2017 14:45:47

Hello, a p

As I can see, on my computer specific settings for Firefox window from your configuration (called "firefox" in your latest configuration) are applied to Firefox window correctly.

Do you use any sandbox applications to run Firefox in a sandbox?

Please tell what security software you're running (anti-virus, firewall software).

Could you temporarily disable the security software and see whether the problem still persists.

previous versions of awm and on windows 7 didn't have this problem
Have you used one of the previous versions of AWM on your Windows 10 system? Did it work without this problem?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2017 16:17:27

a p,

Also, for some reason there are two LogonScreenParams.ini files in the configuration archive file you sent. Could you go to %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager and see whether there are the LogonScreenParams.ini file and let us know.
Can you recall some specific actions you performed with configuration files like restoring the configuration from the backup file or changing the files manually?

Could you also check whether the following folder are on the same hard disk drive in your system and let us know:
%appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager
%allusersprofile%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 10/03/2017 23:34:50

I have 2 user profiles on my machine that i can login to but rarely use the second but this could explain why you're seeing 2 of the ini files you mentioned.  The ini file exists in both of my profile app data folders and in programdata folder.

I did not import in an older config, i created everything from scratch when i started using the latest version.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2017 13:02:18

a p,

The LogonScreenParams.ini file shouldn't be in %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager folder. It can appear there for a moment during some actions, but it should disappear then. You can delete the file from this folder.

What about my latest message about Firefox? Could you answer the questions?

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 10/04/2017 20:42:38

i've gone ahead and removed those 2 files from both user profile appdata locations

answer to your last question is....  yes, they are on the same C drive.

Messages 11 - 20 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register