Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 31
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 7.3b1 Start Orb Bug » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 33220

Scott MacDonald

Posted: 09/24/2012 19:08:01

I have Classic Start Menu installed, so I happily installed this beta after seeing that there was better support for it. I have an AWM taskbar on monitor 2 (external monitor) and the Windows taskbar on monitor 1 (built-in laptop monitor) on a Win 7 64-bit system. Classic Start Menu is configured so that left-clicking on the start button will show the Windows start menu, but with All Programs as a flyout and so shift-clicking on the start button will open Classic Start Menu.

All is fine on monitor 1 when I first start up. Then I click the start button on monitor 2 and the Classic Start Menu comes up instead of the Windows start menu. After that, any time I click on the start button on monitor 1, the Windows start menu comes up ON MONITOR 2! Clicking on the monitor 2 start button always brings up Classic Start Menu, whether I push the shift key or not. Shift-clicking on the start button on monitor 1 works properly (opens Classic Start Menu). Finally, right-clicking on the monitor 2 start button does nothing (that may have always been the case, I don't recall) while (shift-)right-clicking on the start button on monitor 1 works properly.

In short, the AWM start button always brings up Classic Start Menu even though that's set to shift-click. Simply clicking the Windows start button opens the Windows start menu, but on the wrong monitor.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/25/2012 22:58:55

Hello Scott.

Are you talking about this one - http://www.classicstartmenu.com/ ?

I can't see where i can configure Classic Start Menu the way you've described.

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 09/25/2012 23:03:12

I have the same issue with no addons like that.

Scott MacDonald

Posted: 09/25/2012 23:44:59

Hi Bogdan,

I confess I've never heard of the Classic Start Menu you linked to. Apparently there are at least two products with that name. The one I use is a part of Classic Shell - http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/.

The issue with the start menu occurring on the second monitor occurs whether my version of Classic Start Menu is enabled or not.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/27/2012 02:44:14

Hello Scott.

I can confirm this issue, and it is similar to the problem Chris have encountered but they differ. If i enable Classic Start Menu and AWM 7.3 b1 i can see the same situation you've described. But if i then disable Classic Start Menu, clicking the start buttons on both taskbars (system and secondary AWM) brings up Windows 7 start menu on the secondary monitor, whereas Chris can't bring the start menu from the secondary taskbar. And when i reload AWM or make some changes in the system taskbar settings the problem disappears, which tells that the problem is most likely associated with Classic Start Menu.

My question is: are you able to reproduce something similar to this issue without launching Classic Start Menu at all?

Best regards.

Scott MacDonald

Posted: 09/28/2012 07:26:56

Hi Bogdan,

If I exit Classic Start Menu then both start buttons work as expected (the menu opens on the screen clicked).

If Classic Start Menu is running and I make changes to the system taskbar settings or reload AWM, the problem does NOT disappear for me.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2012 02:16:33

Hello Scott.

That's what I'm talking about. It is a sort of incompatibility between Classic Start Menu and AWM.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 10/02/2012 10:52:43

I'm not using Classic Start Menu, and have no other desktop manager installed.  Same problem on both Nvidia and AMD/ATI based systems.

Uninstalled, deleted all reg settings, install folders, user folders, etc, rebooted, reinstalled fresh with default settings on both machines and SAME THING.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 10/29/2012 22:38:35

Fixed with 7.3b2.

Thanks!

Scott MacDonald

Posted: 10/31/2012 19:26:00

It's better for me, but still not fixed with 7.3b2. Now monitor 1 continues to behave as expected and the menus show up on the right screen, but monitor 2 (the AWM task bar) only shows the Classic Start Menu. This is certainly better than it was (and I could even live with it if I'm a rare use case), but it isn't quite what I'd expect just yet. :-)

Messages 1 - 10 of 31
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register