New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «taskbar "super hide" , feature request » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 18291

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/17/2012 03:23:13

I set my taskbars up to "auto hide", to have as much screen real estate as possible.
the taskbars then only show up, when the mouse reaches the taskbar region.

Usually, I work a lot within "maximized" apps, which fill the screen top to bottom.
Usually, there is the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, the menu bar is at the top.
To the right, there is the vertical scroll bar, and quite often there's app dedicated region to the left.

Now, with taskbars position "bottom", whenever I want to scroll horizontally and move the mouse to the bottom, the taskbar comes up, covering the scroll bar. I have to move the mouse away, so the taskbar autohides again, an the move slowly to the taskbar.
Same goes with the vertical scrollbar, when the taskbars position is "right".
Same goes with the menu bar, when the taskbar is set to "left"
Same goes with some apps special regions (for example FL Studios Browser is set to autohide) when the taskbars positionb is set to "left"

It drives me crazy.

I have a feature request:

Would it be possible to give the AWM taskbars an option like "super hidden"?
With this option set, the taskbars doen't show at all, until you press the [Win] key (or any other customizable hotkey), in which case the taskbars show, like when you reached the taskbar region with the mouse? As soon as you focus another thing, the taskbar auto hides again (and disappears completely when "super hidden")

Or let them at least be configured to "do not show on mouse approach", or something like that? Anything that don't bring up the taskbars when I want to do something completely else?

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 02/17/2012 08:03:22

Oh yes, this is a great idea! I recognize what you mention TabSel. What is also bugging me often is that the taskbar will not auto hide when a window asks for attention, like the reminder window in Outlook f.i., when a new reminder appears. The taskbar icon is then highlighted. Only after activating that window asking attention, does the taskbar auto hide again. This could also be solved by this suggestion. Sometimes I just do not want to be bugged by new Outlook reminders  :evil:

Or let them at least be configured to "do not show on mouse approach", or something like that?
What do you mean by this TabSel? What is the difference with the "super hidden" option in the previous paragraph of your post? In my experience (Vista) there is a certain region which activates the taskbar, it is not the movement of my mouse towards the bottom of the screen. But indeed, when moving towards the scrollbar, I often touch that region and have the same issue you described.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/19/2012 20:23:03

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/21/2012 00:55:48

Thanks Vasiliy!

Or what about the AWM toolbars made floating optionally?

By pressing [win], the toolbar shows in a window like the "put into..." Dialog under the mouse cursor?

Or, By pressing [win], the autodidden toolbars shows positioned Top, left, bottom or right dynamically, depending to which border the mouse Pointer is nearest?

Michael Plant

Posted: 02/21/2012 08:55:51

I know this suggestion is already being considered, but just wanted to shout out my "+1"  8)

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/21/2012 09:02:21

Would it be possible to give the AWM taskbars an option like "super hidden"?
With this option set, the taskbars doen't show at all, until you press the [Win] key (or any other customizable hotkey), in which case the taskbars show, like when you reached the taskbar region with the mouse? As soon as you focus another thing, the taskbar auto hides again (and disappears completely when "super hidden")

I also support this idea!

The other possibility to resolve this problem would be a configurable delay as described here: http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=1971

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/22/2012 20:48:44

By pressing [win], the toolbar shows in a window like the "put into..." Dialog under the mouse cursor?

Or, By pressing [win], the autodidden toolbars shows positioned Top, left, bottom or right dynamically, depending to which border the mouse Pointer is nearest?
- TabSel, could you clarify what toolbars are you writing about?

Best regards.

Razvan Popescu
Advanced user

Posted: 02/23/2012 15:57:44

+1 for the superhidden taskbar. meaning that its not toggled by active apps, not that I don't want it to be toggled when i drag my cursor.

Win 7 x64 updates to date,
2 monitors placed I on top of II,
2 independent taskbars on the right,
and using the latest beta

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 04/03/2012 16:23:40

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:

- TabSel, could you clarify what toolbars are you writing about?

Best regards.

I meant TaskBars, not Toolbars, sorry.

I had the idea of a floating taskbar, like a floating toolbar, replacing the system taskbar, which pops up under the cursor when pressing <Win>-Key... but thats a dumb idea, forget about it ;)

However, a somehow "super hidden" taskbar status would be so very handy. Any chance implementing something like that?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/04/2012 00:38:40

TabSel,

However, a somehow "super hidden" taskbar status would be so very handy. Any chance implementing something like that?
This request is still in a consideration.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register