New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Ignore Deactivation not working in Apex Legends , Bug » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 39108

Stephan Stylianou

Posted: 07/19/2019 22:39:16

Hi there,

I purchased AMM primarily so that I could use the ignore deactivation function, to tab in and out of full-screen games to browse without minimizing the game itself.

However, some games seem to allow this and some games do not. I have been having a major issue in this regard with Apex Legends. I have followed previous forum posts on this matter such as https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=3105

The process I took so far includes:

1. Setting a hotkey for ignore deactivation in the 'Hotkeys' tab (i.e. Ctrl, Shift, Num 0 (With Numlock on)).
2. Enabling compatibility mode.
3. Starting the game, using the hotkey and clicking on my second monitor.
4. The game minimizes as though I clicked without Ignore Deactivation, or if I alt-tabbed normally.

I also tried the solution used for Saints Row IV mentioned on the above thread, which was to apply Ignore Deactivation to a programme specifically:

1. I placed Apex Legends into windowed mode and selected it using the target window function in the 'Specific Settings' tab.
3. Selecting 'Ignore Deactivation' below.
4. Started the game again, and once my mouse was free to move, tried to click outside of the screen and it minimized once again.
5. Also tried using the same hotkeys as before with this specific setting applied, but this also did nothing different.

I'm uncertain if the latter solution would have even solved the problem, because I did not want ignore deactivation to be active all the time, but to be able to toggle it on and off.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/24/2019 10:16:50

Hello, Stephan

Unfortunately, not all games accept the Ignore Deactivation feature correctly and the feature doesn't work with some games. There is a known problem with using Ignore Deactivation in Apex Legends and for now there is no way to make it work with this game.

It seems like there is a way to avoid minimization of Apex Legends but it doesn't involve our programs. You can play the game in the "Windowed" display mode – in this case the game shouldn't be minimized, but the performance in this mode can be reduced as compared to the full screen mode.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 07/25/2019 17:52:35

Hello, I have similar problem with Ignore deactivation. When I use this feature in Rocket League game, sometimes not working. And when it works, my keyboard or mouse still left clicking on external monitor. When I move mouse on something (play button in Winamp or Start button) , it automatically clicking on it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/27/2019 16:15:10

Petr,

Do you use any launcher to start Rocket League? Do you start the game via Steam?

Do you have some mouse management software installed like Logitech SetPoint for example?

And when it works, my keyboard or mouse still left clicking on external monitor.
Do these mouse clicks happen on some time intervals?

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 07/27/2019 19:01:50

Bogdan Polishchuk : Rocketleague is only Steam game, so I play this game via Steam, yes.
No I don't have any mouse software or tweaker.
And these clicks happens what I see, when the game found a server and loading to the matches.

ArkaStevey

Posted: 07/29/2019 21:16:14

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the detailed response.

Unfortunately I would not be inclined to play in windowed or windowed fullscreen for the performance reasons that you mentioned, such as hitching and a reduction of raw mouse input.

It is curious why some games allow the ignore deactivation function, and other do not.

I know it's a big ask, but i'm sure myself and many would fully appreciate a custom configuration enabling this function in games universally :D.

Kind regards,

Stephan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/31/2019 03:20:18

Petr,

When I use this feature in Rocket League game, sometimes not working.
Have you noticed any pattern of when the feature works and when it doesn't? Is it associated with using the Steam overlay? It helped to use the Ignore Deactivation feature for some Steam games previously.

What version of the game you're running?

ArkaStevey,

It is curious why some games allow the ignore deactivation function, and other do not.
In simple words, the ways different games' windows function may differ significantly and this is why some games don't accept the single common solution of the Ignore Deactivation feature. Moreover, for some games it's very hard to implement a custom solution that would make the feature work for them.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 08/01/2019 02:18:35

Bogdan Polishchuk : This issue with not working is rare (this issue I have without Steam overlay too) , after restart the game or AMM, this feature works again. The main issue is auto left clicking. I am of coarse on the latest version of Rocketleague.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/01/2019 19:43:57

Petr,

When I use this feature in Rocket League game, sometimes not working. And when it works, my keyboard or mouse still left clicking on external monitor.
This problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic if it's fixed.

Could you specify the version of Windows in which you have this problem and the version of AMM you have this problem with.

This issue with not working is rare (this issue I have without Steam overlay too)
How often does this problem happen (for example 1 of 10 times you try to apply the feature)? Does it depend on what screen is currently displayed in the game window at the moment of applying the feature?

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 08/02/2019 03:14:24

I have Windows 7 PRO x64bit (7601 SP1) and I have the latest Steam version of AMM 8.14.1 .

And when the Ignore deactivation not working is rare (as you wrote 1 time for week) . Or one for 2 weeks. It's not a big problem for me.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register