New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «When using AMM programs lag when starting » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 86800

Dale Pike

Posted: 12/28/2017 08:59:31

As the title says when i launch a program it lags my whole pc till it opens, I tried reinstalling and even updating to the beta but it doesnt fix it only uninstalling it fixes but i need this program, any fixes?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/28/2017 18:01:33

Hello, Dale

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

As the title says when i launch a program it lags my whole pc till it opens
Do you mean as soon as AMM is completely loaded, lags stop?

What versions of AMM you noticed the problem with?

What version of AMM the problem appeared first? Did the problem appear right after installation of this version or some time after installation, during the period of using of this version? If the former, then were you running any other version before the installation? If the latter, then were there any events in the system at the time the problem appeared (for example Windows update or installation of some new software)?

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and  10  - the Details tab) when the system is slowed down. Provide us CPU and memory usage values for these processes and also the common CPU and memory usage values in the system (Performance tab).

What security software are you running (anti-virus, firewall etc.)? Please specify name and version number.

Best regards.

Dale Pike

Posted: 12/28/2017 18:04:10

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

When AMM is loaded programs lag when starting up.

Recent versions of AMM and the recent beta version.

Avast Anti-virus

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/29/2017 10:47:58

Hello, Dale

When AMM is loaded programs lag when starting up.
Does it happen with all programs you launch? Could you specify some programs you have this problem with (name, version)?

Recent versions of AMM and the recent beta version.
Do you mean the problem appeared as soon as you installed the version 8.11.2 and you didn't have any previous versions of AMM installed on your computer before?

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and  10  - the Details tab) when the system is slowed down. Provide us CPU and memory usage values for these processes and also the common CPU and memory usage values in the system (Performance tab).

Could you temporarily stop Avast and see whether it helps?

Best regards.

Dale Pike

Posted: 12/30/2017 01:15:21

it happens with all programs i launch, no has been happening in the past few versions (dont have the best memory)

cant get to the cpu and memory usage in time as the pc is too laggy when opening a program and by time i get to task manager it stops.

Removed Avast and it still happens

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/08/2018 00:47:36

Dale,

Did the problem started to appear after you've changed AMM settings or it started as soon as you launched AMM with standard settings?

If the former, then could you reset AMM configuration and see whether the problem still persists. In order to do this, exit AMM completely, then go to "%APPDATA%\Actual Tools" folder and delete the Actual Multiple Monitors folder, then launch AMM.
If you need to restore your current AMM configuration later, create a configuration backup file before deleting the folder: Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > select the "Backup" action and save the .zip backup file. You'll be able to restore the configuration later from this file by using the Restore action in the same section of the configuration module.

Best regards.

steve

Posted: 01/12/2018 01:32:58

Mines the same with Actual Windows Rollup (only). When I start AWR the PC lags for anout 10-15 seconds then all is fine. I've tried deleting contents of "%APPDATA%\Actual Tools" but this weird lag is annoying. Thankfully it's only when AWR starts. Mouse becomes really slow or stuck. I've even tried uninstalling - reinstalling to no avail. Mines only just started doing it on windows 10, so maybe an update is interfering with AWR. Or could it be a graphics driver update ? I'm running an AMD 280x with -Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-17.12.2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/19/2018 01:01:28

Hello, Steve

What version of Actual Windows Rollup are you running?

When I start AWR the PC lags for anout 10-15 seconds then all is fine.
Do you start the program manually, or it's started automatically on Windows startup?

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), start AWR and see what processes have the greatest values of the CPU and Memory usage parameters (in Windows 8 and  10 - the Details tab) when lag happens. Provide us CPU and memory usage values for these processes and also the common CPU and memory usage values in the system at this moment (Performance tab).

Also please provide your computer specifications.

Best regards.

steve

Posted: 01/19/2018 23:57:06

AWR version 8.11.2 started automatically
Now Set it to not start automatically and started it after about 5 minute and system was idle. Highest CPU was Actual Window Rollup at 38.8 memory about 5.4 MB highest memory was Antimalware service executable at 69.8 (which only changed about 1MB before or after which is normal for that)
PC Specs are:-
Intel I5 3570K
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Samsung 850evo 250gb SSD
AMD Radeon 280x (latest 18.1.1) drivers as of this morning

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 01/21/2018 01:17:11

I have lags when extended taskbar loading, mouse lags too. After close game from fullscreen or change default monitor. And I have lags with aero Windows 7 + Palemoon and any HTML5 video. But this problem is maybe in Palemoon. Other browsers works.

Messages 1 - 10 of 27
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register