New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «firefox not working with 8.11.1 , cannot do anything with firefox » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 51004

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/18/2017 00:34:47

just paid to upgrade to 8.11.1 to work with new machine running windows 10... have spent an hour or more trying to figure this problem out to no avail...  see other people complaining about firefox and no title buttons and see no answers to this problem

essentially cannot add any functionality to firefox windows, have tried everything i can think of....  seems like this is a known issue... is that correct?  what can i do to make firefox controllable with actual window manager in latest and greatest version...  running windows 10

previous versions of awm and on windows 7 didn't have this problem

thanks

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/18/2017 02:16:57

also having issues with IE11... with IE11 I see default settings are enabled but cannot do anything else with it.. cannot set to maximize or tell it which window to open on...

so far not real happy with this upgrade

brand new install... nothing special about my setup

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/18/2017 02:19:58

would be glad to send my configuration but see no way of doing this on this forum!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2017 21:32:37

Hello, a p

I was unable to see any problems with latest version of Firefox and Actual Window Manager 8.11.1 in Windows 10.

see other people complaining about firefox and no title buttons and see no answers to this problem
Are you talking about some topics on the forums of our website? Could you provide the links to these topics?

essentially cannot add any functionality to firefox windows
Could you describe the problem more detailed? Do you mean there are no title buttons on the Firefox window or it is not affected by AWM hotkeys or anything else?

I see default settings are enabled but cannot do anything else with it.. cannot set to maximize or tell it which window to open on
Do you mean, the options of Default Settings are not applied to the IE windows?

Are there any signs of any Settings are applied to these windows - title buttons or extra window menu items?

Also you can see whether any Settings are applied to the windows by doing the following: go to AWM context menu (right click on the AWM tray icon) > Show log window > Check the "Enable logging" option > If there are any items in the window then Right click on an item and select "Clear log" > Open one of these windows (Firefox and IE) - the corresponding item should appear, if the window is affected by AWM. Then you can see the name of the applied Rule. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/19/2017 01:21:55

https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=4068&MID=18322&sphrase_id=298080#message18322

Yes, there are no title buttons in firefox window and is not affected by any settings or hotkeys i setup.

with regard to IE11.. it does behave according to default settings but if i use any specific settings it does not work.  Also i cannot right click on IE title bar and see any AWM settings... have to manually add any settings but again doesn't work.

after applying logging i see that firefox does not register anything in the logs and IE11 shows using default setting.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/20/2017 21:14:58

Hello?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/22/2017 02:25:04

a p,

Do you launch Firefox in the "Run as Administrator" mode or as different user or do you use a sandbox to launch Firefox?

Do you have some special plugins installed on Firefox?

with regard to IE11.. it does behave according to default settings but if i use any specific settings it does not work.
What does the log window say when you create Specific Settings and try to launch IE? What settings are applied to IE?

"Also i cannot right click on IE title bar and see any AWM settings..."
Do you mean there are no extra window menu items for IE? Does IE window have extra title buttons?

"have to manually add any settings but again doesn't work."
Could you clarify this? How do you add settings manually – by changing the default settings? Do you mean this way also doesn't work?

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/22/2017 02:54:38

i am local admin on this machine but regardless did try the run as admin on firefox and results are same.

only have a few plugins but disabled to test... doesn't matter.

log just shows it used the default settings not any specific ones

IE does show the default title buttons as specified by awm but i cannot right click on the title and see the awm menus.

if i edit the specific settings for ie or firefox that i've created it has no affect on either browser window.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/23/2017 01:34:11

a p,

Could you make sure the problems persist with your current AWM configuration, and send your AWM configuration using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 09/23/2017 05:11:56

just sent it

Messages 1 - 10 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list