New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 19
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] Disable Wallpaper Feature? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 26845

Mark Stevens

Posted: 12/12/2011 22:17:03

I downloaded Active Multiple Monitors to have a try but for me the major issue is that I don't want to use your wallpaper feature but can't find anyway of disabling this feature. Is this possible?

I use Stardock Deskscapes animated wallpapers which have a multiple monitor feature to assign what to want to each monitor. I'd like to keep this.

Also, is there any feature to enhance the cursor movement between monitors? e.g. I have my Cintiq monitor setup as my 2nd monitor. I have it placed to the left of my main monitor but because of certain buggy software (3DS Max) I have to set it up so that Windows thinks it's actually to the right. No problem there but except I have to move my mouse to the right to enter it. What would be cool is it was possible to move the mouse to the left and enter the right of the 2nd monitor. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/13/2011 03:21:36

Hello Mark,

I downloaded Active Multiple Monitors to have a try but for me the major issue is that I don't want to use your wallpaper feature but can't find anyway of disabling this feature. Is this possible?
- Yes, it is. You should choose the "Current Windows background" item on the "Background" tab (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Background). Does this solve the problem? Do you use Desktop Profiles?

Also, is there any feature to enhance the cursor movement between monitors? e.g. I have my Cintiq monitor setup as my 2nd monitor. I have it placed to the left of my main monitor but because of certain buggy software (3DS Max) I have to set it up so that Windows thinks it's actually to the right. No problem there but except I have to move my mouse to the right to enter it. What would be cool is it was possible to move the mouse to the left and enter the right of the 2nd monitor. Hope that makes sense.
- The "Wrap the desktop" option (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> the "Mouse" tab -> Wrap the desktop = Horizontally) could partly solve the problem.

Best regards.

Mark Stevens

Posted: 12/13/2011 04:33:08

Thanks, I did try installing it again and you're right. Both these features work which is brilliant. I think what messed it up before was when I went into "Settings" next to "Current Windows Background". As soon as I did this it messed up the wallpaper before selecting any option and I couldn't get it back to what I had before. In the end I had to uninstall the program and reboot. I'm happy just leaving it as it is though.

The only issue is each time I start the program (not when Windows starts), it messes up explorer? Explorer either hangs or goes into a funny state where the windows behave oddly and you can't click on things properly.

Once Explorer has been restarted it seems ok. Is there anything that could be causing this? I've got Windows 7 x64 btw.

I've looked at all the other multi-monitor programs out there and I admit yours was the last one I tried only because it wasn't listed early on in google. In the end I found you from a wiki page comparing multi-monitor programs. However, apart from the small issue of explorer it certainly has the best feature set of all of them. I can see this program being really useful.

Thanks

Mark Stevens

Posted: 12/14/2011 04:48:29

Any ideas about it crashing explorer when it starts?

I see from previous posts that this has been an issue in the past.

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/14/2011 21:13:25

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the response.

What version of Actual Multiple Monitors do you use?

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support)?

Could you also attach a list of actions causing the problem and screenshots of the problem?

Best regards.

Mark Stevens

Posted: 12/15/2011 04:35:09

Sorry but I was trying to send the information to support but kept getting invalid recipient?

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Actual Tools Tech Support <support@actualtools.com>' on 15/12/2011 20:30
           Server error: 'Invalid recipient'

Is there another way of sending this data?

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/15/2011 18:38:40

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the response.

Is there another way of sending this data?
- Yes, there is. You should send me the "Actual Tools" folder from the %appdata% directory.

Best regards.

Mark Stevens

Posted: 12/15/2011 18:49:12

The problems is I'm getting a rejection from your server with your email address (support@actualtools.com).

Is there another email address I can send attachments to?

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/15/2011 19:48:57

You could try to send requested files to ivs.unsafe@yandex.ru .

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/15/2011 23:16:20

I can't reproduce these problems.

Could you check whether these problems still persist in the 4.0 beta 1 version of Actual Multiple Monitors (http://www.actualtools.com/files/amm40b1.exe) on your computer or not?

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 19
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register