Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Losing the bindings of windows to tiles; how to avoid it , Multiple windows placed in one tile; after resizing of the active tile » on forum: Window Rules, or Tips and Tricks   Views: 5203

Kai Tischler

Posted: 02/18/2017 10:33:15

Imagine the following scenario:
- I have not enough screen real estate on my current one-monitor setup
- I choose a 2x2 tiling layout
- I have more than 4 important windows in my virtual desktop, though
- Therefore, I bind several windows to one and the same tile
- After resizing the active tiled window, the following seems to hold true for the inactive tiled windows bound to the same tile:
 - They have not been automatically resized, too
 - Therefore, they don't fit exactly into the current screen real estate allocated to the tile when I make them active again ...
 - This means I have to somehow make them snapped manually again; because I have not yet found a stretch/placement option which makes the current active window fit exactly into the currently available screen space

My impression is: When switching between several tile layouts and doing heavy window resizing, the bindings of windows to their original tiles can easily get lost; meaning I have to do heavy manual re-binding of windows to tiles ... Because I don't want to lose the magic snapping features. Is there a mechanism to automatically re-bind the currently active windows to one tile layout or another ? Based on their current position and size ?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/16/2017 15:32:55

Hello Kai,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, there is no such possibility you described. However, you could try to restart Actual Window Manager (Pause and Resume). This way all Window Settings will be re-applied and your windows will be automatically moved to appropriate Desktop Divider's tiles you specified in Specific Settings for these windows.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register