New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Improve Actual title buttons displaying in any custom theme! , How to provide missing background images » on forum: Window Rules, or Tips and Tricks   Views: 44460

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/17/2007 02:21:03

Browner 87

Posted: 12/10/2007 17:28:33

You guys have made the worst image extracter I could imagine. It won't make magic pink see through! Really, it's not that hard. Let me tell you how to do it.

if RGB(pixel) = (255,0,255) then
    DrawNothing
end if

HOW HARD IS THAT? I have wasted so much time trying to figure out what your program is doing anyways because it's caching somehow and totally screwing me up whenever I make a change to the bitmaps in the skin. Also, your stretching function really sucks since I either end up 1 pixel too high or too low - there is nothing in between. When I get the time, I'm writing my own version of this. I'll do it in VB6 and it'll still be better than than this!

It's an unbelievably useful program, just incredibly poorly coded to allow customization.
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/11/2007 01:34:22

The matter is that there exist thousands of different themes of different quality. We tried to create a resumptive system that supports the most common custom themes (which our customers use). Each of these themes has some specific restrictions which were taken into account when developing the system.

Please specify with what custom theme you tried it?Send the pictures of backgrounds at the Support center  

P.S. It will be really peculiar to see your own version. When developing it please make sure to test it with the standard Windows XP and Vista themes and also with the enlarged and reduced title bar.

Additionally we can provide you with links to the most "strange" themes where our image extracter can do nothing.

Browner 87

Posted: 12/12/2007 19:47:24

The problem is that you can't recognize magic pink. Everyone uses it because it's one of the most useful properties in Windows Graphics. I Made my own custom theme and for the button image for my minimize button, I made it all RGB(255,0,255) so that only the glyphs are drawn to the titlebar. I could have made the buttons just match the gradient of the titlebar, but the problem is that when Windows moves title bars from maximized to minimized, the glyph and button image are shifted 1 pixel up (or down, I forget). I tried to make a custom skin for AWM4.5 where the background.bmp was solid pink, but your program only drew a pink square, not a 'clear' square. This makes it basically impossible to make a skin equivalent to invisible because of the shifting I spoke of. I was sort of venting in my last post because I was really mad at a bug in the program that made this take even longer as well as the fact that the program doesn't support magic pink.

But I still think your programmers need to make Magic Pink work. Also - put in a 'refresh' button with the skin selector - every time I wanted to test a new skin I had to apply a different one, then apply the one I just changed.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/12/2007 23:32:27

You wrote:
I tried to make a custom skin for AWM4.5

Please try to do it with Actual Window Manager 5.0. beta 4. We created the pink background.bmp, everything works as expected.

Additionally please send us your custom theme and screenshots at the Support Center    

Browner 87

Posted: 03/09/2009 14:39:03

Still doesn't work for me. I'd be interested in those skins though. I'm close to finishing my own after getting some extra time now I'm in college.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/10/2009 04:26:13

Dear Browner,

Couldn't you to explain what is your problem now?

Did you try our current version 5.2 of AWM?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Browner 87

Posted: 03/10/2009 10:21:13

It doesn't matter. I'm making my own and I'm close to done. Your program will suffice until then, I just don't like the look. And yes, I'm using the latest version.

Do you have the 'impossible' themes?

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/11/2009 23:14:57

Dear Browner,

What did you mean when wrote "impossible" themes?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Browner 87

Posted: 03/21/2009 21:21:15

Michael Rezvanov:
"Additionally we can provide you with links to the most "strange" themes where our image extracter can do nothing."

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register