Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Preset windows of programs not even installed yet! , Advantages of the unlimited class rule option » on forum: Window Rules, or Tips and Tricks   Views: 9263

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 09/28/2006 02:53:51

:o Had fun tonight. But I must be crazy. Made screenshots of each setting window of every rule on main pc.

Plus 2 more showing exclusions of other programs interacting so as to coop with AWMs exclusions the right way. This can be used as a backup slideshow even without ANY version installed when fastly setting up things manually in totally different builds on totally different pcs because there you dont want to import, but you want to know how old rules were and modify them.

Also gives options for html demonstrations and pdfs and can rest in my own server a bit later. BUT WE ARE TALKING 380 uncompressed photos in full screen size of 1280 hehe, over 100MB. What a night! Now its easy to reshoot over the old names if things changes but of course it relates to a specific program version, in this case rather new and well working build 4.1 from the new beta section. Try it out, they are on later builds but I kept 4.1 for main use right now.

Today I am only showing an example for modified shots illustrating one rule, there might be a whole section for sharing your sets in general soon so I am also entering nice English descriptions in author name in my rules for direct export which also works in public final 4.0 version, a GREAT build for EVERYONE.

User added an image

Dont you hate having installed a new interesting program suite with extensive help texts that appear in expandable chm text files but the window by default places itself in upper left corner and TOO SMALL?

Each time you reenter you have to manually resize with a mouse, and drag it too, because it neither fits resolution 1024 nor 1280 leave alone respects your own taskbars around it?

Instead of making new AWM rules each time for every program just tick class in General. I called my rule All chm Help Windows Parent Class because luckily this Actual Tool tells me its class and everything I want to know. Then I instruct for ALL windows of the type to be centered, enlarged but not maxed, effectively presented inside my 4 taskbars with shortcuts around the desktop without touching them.

Because this rule is not fixed to a title or even a program, you dont have to worry about the zillions of forthcoming help chm windows of programs you might install in the future. A once and forever rule, on laptop I just make it a bit smaller and set its own coordinates for startup and resize button.

Things like this really help, and this even worked before the 4.0 version. But now you can import and export and share with people etc. Guess which people those could be: WHY, YOURSELF, on the next computer in the very next room :!: And if you got an interesting rule or a simple one helping a lot - you can put it HERE, too :idea:

Enjoy  ;)

All you need to enter for a 1280x1024 screen resolution is in the other 3 shots (just click on thumbs to enlarge):

User added an image

User added an image

User added an image  

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login