Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Why cant i stop AWM from Powershell , Stop-Process -Name "ActualWindowManagerCenter" » on forum: General   Views: 1742

Johan Daanje

Posted: 02/27/2023 04:27:54

Hello,
I cannot stop AWM from Powershell, when i use the command Stop-Process -Name "Notepad" notepad stops but AWM refuses.
I can make a batch for the powershell script wh ere i enter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager\ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe" unload, this works but not with Powershell.

It cost me hours to find a solution.

Thank You
Mondriaan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/13/2023 19:19:50

Hello, Johan

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem. As I can see for me the command Stop-Process -Name ActualWindowManagerCenter stops AWM succesfully.

Do you get an error message in PowerShell when trying to use this command?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you start AWM and Notepad then navigate to Task Manager > Details and see whether the same user is specified for AWM and Notepad in the User Name column?

Best regards.

Johan Daanje

Posted: 03/13/2023 20:08:49

Do you get an error message in PowerShell when trying to use this command?
No it just doesnt stop.

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build.
Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2673).

Whether the same user is specified for AWM and Notepad in the User Name column
Yes they are the same user.

Windows has been called "a system with 64000 errors" in the past, so just reproducing my error on another system seems unlikely to me.
It's the same if I try to reproduce someone else's mistake, it just doesn't work.

Mondriaan

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register