Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Sel ect Window Fr om List and Win10 » on forum: General   Views: 136

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 04.08.2022 20:23:08

I've just moved to Win 10. I have what appears to be an error getting window descriptors from Sel ect Window Fr om List. Some applications don't have paths and as a consequence can't be recognised by AWM.

For example, Open Office (program soffice,bin) doesn't have a path.  In the Target Window, the Program filed is filled with '\soffice.bin' which doesn't work. Inserting the path details manually doesn't work either.

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 05.08.2022 09:43:29

UPDATE:  ONLY ONE ERROR, NOT MULIPLE

The program address can be entered manually when it is not complete (ie it start with \).

BUT, Open Office is till a problem. The program file is a '.bin', not an exe. Entering this address does define the Target Window.

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 07.08.2022 07:46:55

UPDATE 2: MORE THAN ONE APP

I now have evidence that a number of apps exhibit this issue in the 'Sel ect Window Fr om List' function. They can be EXEs as well. Manually specifying  the pathname doesn't make AWM recognise the window and respond to the settings.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10.08.2022 07:42:27

Hello, Greg

Thank you for contacting us.

As I can see, OpenOffice is affected correctly by AWM.

The behavior you describe persists with the apps that are started with elevated rights (the UAC dialogue window usually appears in this case when you start the app) and if the "Support system utilities..." option of AWM wasn't enabled during the installation. Such applications are displayed like this in the Select Program list but the problem basically is that they can't be affected by AWM even if you specify the full path to the executable file in the specific settings.

Do you start these apps with elevated rights?

You can try to reinstall AWM and enable the "Support system utilities..." option during installation. You can install it right over the already installed version - your other settings won't be changed.

Best regards.

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 11.08.2022 11:45:40

Hi Bogdan.

Sanity restored.

I actually came back because I discovered it was mainly those apps that had Run as Administrator set that were causing the problem.

Re-installing with "Support system utilities..." has certainly fixed that problem and, I think, some others. AWM is now behaving as I expect.

Thanks,

--Greg

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register