Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «How to show my pinned taskbar application shortcuts and mirror all taskbars exactly? , What settings to show & mirror all of my items pinned to the taskbar » on forum: General   Views: 229

Martin Bush Bush

Posted: 22.07.2022 10:13:04

I was extremely disappointed with DisplayFusion© because there seemed no way to have it exactly clone the primary display's taskbar to my secondary display, even though customers had been demanding this feature for years. So I decided to try my paid version of Actual Multiple Monitors v8.14.5 once more to see if this product could provide such an obviously desirable feature. But when I reinstalled AMM v8.14.5, I remembered one main reason I stopped using it: After launch and reasonable settings during the setup, I couldn't figure out why all the items I had pinned to the taskbar had disappeared! This would be worse than the problem with DisplayFusion.

But I've seen references in these fora that hinted to me that this could be done, but I could find no instructions about how to set things up for that. To be clear about what I need: I want the exact same Primary monitor taskbar -- with all the same taskbar items pinned as usual -- along with a clone of the exact same notification area by the clock, cloned exactly to my secondary monitor.

From then on, I also want the option to enable and disable duplicating all newly launched application icons on both taskbars or just the monitor that held the mouse when the application was launched (or something that would accomplish the same general intent.

Since one of my monitors (the secondary) is also my HDTV, one other thing I do very often is to enable a kind of "single monitor" mode that would clone the entire secondary monitor's contents and switch that monitor to TV mode. This way nothing would be hidden on the TV monitor. I actually developed my own application to accomplish that basic goal, but I no longer have enough time to bring it up to the quality I expect of it. Thus, I'm very eager to see if AMM can do all that!

I was about to purchase a new upd ate to the latest release, v8.14.7, to see if that version can do these things, but I didn't want to spend the money until I knew what I wanted was possible.

Is it?  How do I se t those features up?

Thank you all!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 27.07.2022 16:34:42

Hello, Martin

Thank you for contacting us.

To be clear about what I need: I want the exact same Primary monitor taskbar -- with all the same taskbar items pinned as usual
Unfortunately, the ability to clone the set of pinned icons from one taskbar to another hasn't been implemented yet in our software. The taskbar modes in their current state relate only to taskbar buttons for open windows.

We already have your request of this feature in our database - you requested it in this topic. We'll post both in the current topic and in the older topic if the feature is implemented.

I also want the option to enable and disable duplicating all newly launched application icons on both taskbars or just the monitor that held the mouse when the application was launched
Could you describe this feature more detailed? Do you mean you want to be able to set the presence of applications' taskbar buttons in the taskbars PER APPLICATION and to be able to do it "dynamically", not just by defining a rule for an application?

one other thing I do very often is to enable a kind of "single monitor" mode that would clone the entire secondary monitor's contents and switch that monitor to TV mode. This way nothing would be hidden on the TV monitor.
Have you tried to use the Desktop Profiles feature to accomplish this? You can create two desktop profiles: the first one with both monitors enabled and the second with only the main monitor enabled and switch between them.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register