Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «exactly mirror two monitors but different photos screensavers? , need help trying to do a simple thing » on forum: General   Views: 329

roddey phipps

Posted: 02.05.2022 18:48:51

Hi, I'm new to Actual Monitors.

The program seems very powerful but I'm having difficulty doing something that seems like it would be simple.

My Windows 7 computer has two monitors. Both are at the same resolution. I need them exactly cloned, mirrored - but show different photos screensaver. (I have two different photos folders).

If I use the clone monitors feature, I cannot figure out how to have the different screensavers. I can only see one screensaver option.

If I separate the monitors, I can get the screensavers to be different, but then I cannot get any program shortcuts to show up on my taskbar or in the #2 monitor window - only the main monitor.

Is there a way to have two dual monitors in Windows 7, to be exactly cloned-mirrored, but have different screensavers?

Thanks for any help!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 15.05.2022 08:04:58

Hello, Roddey

Thank you for contacting us.

I think it's only possible to accomplish this if you use the Mirroring feature to clone the monitors. It's not duplicating the monitors in the sense like it's possible to do via the standard Windows settings, so the system will still see two different monitors. In this case it is possible to run different screensavers on different monitors.

But please remember that the desktop is still extended to all the monitors - some windows or desktop icons may end up behind the mirror window on the second monitor. Make sure you've moved all the desktop icons to the monitor you want to duplicate before using the mirroring feature this way.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register