Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Can I just make a sub-set of custom skin buttons? » on forum: General   Views: 1572

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 01/23/2022 00:27:53

Another skin question:  It occurs to me -- Maybe I don't need to make the entire set??  Can I just make a sub-set skin that only contains a large and small of the actual buttons that I plan to use?  There are a bunch that I wouldn't use.  For example "cut" and "paste."  I always use the keyboard for those.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2022 00:58:23

Hello, Stephen

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Maybe I don't need to make the entire set??  Can I just make a sub-set skin that only contains a large and small of the actual buttons that I plan to use?
You absolutely can do this. As I wrote in this topic:
depictions of title buttons for which you don't specify your custom .bmp files will be inherited from the Default Skin (as your skin is based on the standard skin for Windows 10, and this skin in turn utilizes the icons depiction of the default skin, the same I've provided to you as a sample).

So it works this way: if you don't specify .bmp files for some title buttons and your skin is based on some other skin, then these buttons will use the pictures used in that skin. And if your skin is not based on any other skin then these buttons just won't have any icons, but they still will work.

We recommend you to base your custom skin on the standard Window 10 skin (Aero_NormalColor_100) because everything except the icons you want to change will be inherited from that skin, and there is no need for you to change the pictures for the CaptionButtonBackground items.

The whole SKIN.XML file should look like this:

Code
<skin>
  <skininfo>My skin</skininfo>
  <include>Aero_NormalColor_100</include>
  <caption_buttons>
    <buttons>
      <button name="operation name">image file name.bmp</button>
      <button name="operation name_Small">image file name_Small.bmp</button>
    </buttons>
  </caption_buttons>
</skin>