Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Need Help , How to open applications on the current monitor? » on forum: General   Views: 2266

Master Chief

Posted: 12/14/2021 06:56:54

Hello. So to clarify what I mean by the description, I need help figuring out how to open programs or applications fr om the monitor I'm currently using. For instance, let's say I have a dual monitor setup and I want to open Firefox from my secondary monitor. When I move my cursor to the secondary monitor and click to open Firefox it instead opens up on my primary monitor. The reason it does that is because that's wh ere I last closed the program. If I open it on my primary, move the window to the secondary, then close, the next time I open Firefox it will then open on my secondary. But I was wondering if there was a way for me to start a program from the monitor I click to open it from regardless of which monitor I closed the program before.

In simpler terms, if I click and start Firefox on my secondary monitory, then it should open on my secondary monitor. If I click and start Firefox on my primary monitor, then it should open on my primary monitor. Hope I made sense.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/24/2021 08:39:33

Hello, Master Chief

Thank you for contacting us.

What our product you're running?

But I was wondering if there was a way for me to start a program from the monitor I click to open it from regardless of which monitor I closed the program before.
Have you tried to use the "Move to monitor at startup" action? You need to enable the action in the specific settings that are applied to Firefox. If you haven't change the settings they should be the standard specific settings for Firefox (Actual Tools configuration module > Window Settings > Specific settings > Mozilla Firefox > Startup section > Move to monitor). Enable the action and specify "Having mouse pointer" as the option for this action. Then apply the changes and see if it works correctly in your case.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register