Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Price for the update not justified » on forum: General   Views: 4803

fishmi

Posted: 10/11/2020 01:41:48

This is a complaint:
This will be the last time that I am willing to pay for an update of AVM.
It can't be that for a single puny update per year the license has to be renewed every year.
And in the updates there are only minimal new features, just a few bugs are fixed.
This is simply too little for the fee you have to pay per year.

The only advantage AVM just offers is that several functions I need are bundled in one program. But almost all functions can be covered by other programs long ago.
For example, Close to the tray should also work for apps that are based on the Windows 10 interface.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2020 01:55:42

Thank you for your feedback.

Please review this FAQ answer - I believe, the 1st and the 4th point there are relevant to your complaint.

fishmi

Posted: 10/11/2020 03:03:24

This answer would not have been necessary, I knew that already before and is of course exactly the wrong answer.
My wish is not that the status quo is maintained and I can save the money, but that the program is finally developed further, the functions are adapted to current requirements and new functions are added.
The program itself is great and I do not want to do without it.
But apparently the message was not understood and the reference to the FAQ only makes it worse.

fishmi

Posted: 10/11/2020 03:05:17

Or in other words:
I like to invest the price for the update if I feel that this is the price that is invested in the program. But I do not have that impression.

ron

Posted: 11/01/2020 05:51:00

I've always thought it was a 'little' pricey too as it was in the back of my mind as an annual cost.  But those points in the FAQ are clear and fair.  Over time there may be a point where major updates just don't occur for whatever reason or the fixes and minor improvements don't add value for 'some' people.  But unlike some places you're not penalized for failing to keep current and can update when the price 'feels' justified for your particular purpose.  

I've not updated in a while but recently acquired a 4k monitor.  So I'll probably try the latest version to see if the UI is better suited for it - since things are a bit tiny now, even at 150 DPI.

fishmi

Posted: 11/02/2020 20:59:35

To make this clear again:
I don't want the update price to be too high, but I would like the program to develop faster, for example to be updated to the latest Windows version or to add new functions.
When I see how many programs are not able to use the Close to tray function anymore because they use the current possibilities of Windows 10, then I wish that the tool will be further developed in this respect.
The Headline of the Topic its naturally a provocation.

ron

Posted: 11/03/2020 06:45:53

So that would be a topic for here https://www.actualtools.com/forum/list.php?FID=11  :D

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register