Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Window Load with a Program » on forum: General   Views: 5607

Robert Snow

Posted: 08/25/2019 01:18:00

First off, happy birthday to daveb3.

Is there a way to Open a Virtual Window relating to two programs.
In other words, I open a virtual window (Permit) that opens the program Access and Excel onto the window called Permit. I'm extremely new to Actual Window Manager 8.14.1. It just seemed like a logical possibility for this program. But I have absolutely no clue as to whether or not this is a possibility.
Don't laugh if I'm way out in left field.

Bob Snow

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/28/2019 20:40:30

Robert,

Please explain what the "virtual window (Permit)" is.

Thanks!

Robert Snow

Posted: 08/28/2019 23:15:14

>>Permit<<
Similar to Windows 10 virtual desktops, Desktop 1, Desktop 2, Desktop 3. If it is possible with ActualTools I would name one of the virtual desktops Permit. Permit is just the name.

Therefore if I could link two programs to execute when I opened the virtual desktop called Permit.
Bob

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2019 11:30:47

Hello, Robert

Sorry for the delay.

There is the ability to change a virtual desktop name to any name you wish. You can change it in the Virtual Desktops section of the Configuration module ("Desktop name" option in the bottom part of the section).

As for starting the programs automatically – could you clarify, do you need them to be started as soon as you switch to this virtual desktop? Unfortunately, there is no way to do this in our programs.

But you can set Access and Excel to be moved to this virtual desktop when you start these programs and so that switching to that desktop is performed when the programs are moved. Is this suitable for you?
You need to go to Startup section of Specific Settings for Excel or Access (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > particular specific settings for Excel/Access > "Startup" section). Then check the "Move to virtual desktop" action in the list, specify the target desktop and check the "Switch to the target virtual desktop" option in the options for this action.

Also you can use the "Start program" action to start both programs at once, but you should not set the programs to start each other to avoid cycle of opening of new instances of the programs.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register